Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-11-2004, 06:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Slogans for Timber Creek Lawn & Landscape

I am going to be investing some money into some t-shirts and such and I want a good slogan. I have yet to come up with one that I am happy with. Anyone have any good suggestions. My company does a lot of sod installs and landscaping. Thanks. Something catchy, but something that also adds credibility to my name.
“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victor nor defeat.”

-Theodore Roosevelt
Old 10-11-2004, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

My opinion: Given the length of your business name, I'd probably have that be a larger size of text/logo and not worry so much about a slogan.

Tony
Old 10-11-2004, 07:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You have one of the best names I've ever seen in the business. No slogan is necessary. Spend the money on a professional graphic artist instead.
Old 10-11-2004, 07:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

you could print a picture of me on your tee shirts??
Old 10-11-2004, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin
You have one of the best names I've ever seen in the business. No slogan is necessary. Spend the money on a professional graphic artist instead.
Wow...thanks, thats one heck of a compliment. Do any of you guys ever put joke slogans on the back of your shirts? Or would that make a company seem less professional?

Such as....

Landscaper tip no. 13
When laying sod always remember green side up?
“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victor nor defeat.”

-Theodore Roosevelt
Old 10-11-2004, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygedd
you could print a picture of me on your tee shirts??
I don't think my wife would enjoy all the extra attention I would be getting. LOL

-Theodore Roosevelt
Old 10-11-2004, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

How about "We take pride in your lawn". Short,sweet, and to the point.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I wouldn't put a joke slogan with that co. name. To echo Richard's comment, as well as my initial one, your name has the aura of quality and of a company that has been around for some time. I wouldn't detract from it with humor and would find someone to design a logo fitting of the name. Now, if your name was Cash 'n Carry Lawncare "We make our green from cutting yours.", sure, but not with the name you've got. If you want something more fun, I'd change the name to something else. All depends on your strategy and what you enjoy.

I think slogans should compliment the name or essentially draw from it. My window & siding company, "Curb Appeal: The Exteriors Company" uses a tagline for marketing materials (but not shirts) that says "Changing the way you see your home." It's complimentary, not forced. Maybe I could start a roofing company with a pun of "The Shingle Guys - Ripping You Off One Shingle At A Time".

Please keep us in the loop on how it goes.

Tony
Old 10-11-2004, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks guys for all the help. You comments are very valuable to me. I do want a company name that has an aura of quality and of a company that has been around for some time. That is why I picked the name. Thanks for all the hints. I am definitely looking into a professionally designed logo. I had a friend make me one, the more I look at the more it screams cheap. I think I will keep a slogan off of the shirts and the trucks and maybe save it for a tri-fold or something. Its amazing how invaluable this forum is to people like me who are simple minded. The more heads you get together the better off everyone is. I wish a lot more companies would use this forum. It would raise the bar for landscaping and lawn care companies.

-Theodore Roosevelt
Old 10-11-2004, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with an earlier post... your company name is too long for a slogan.