Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-21-2004, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I found that the best way to get noticed by search engines is when your site is linked to by other sites. The more you are 'networked' on the web, the more you will be noticed. I hastened that process with my website by posting a link in the signature here on lawnsite. Every time you post, your site will be linked to, on every page. That boosts your visibility immensely.

As far as paying to have your website listed on search engines, why bother? You can do that yourself for free, and really, how many search engines do people use? Google, Lycos, About.com, etc. There aren't that many. Listing with every podunk search engine is a waste of time, and paying for that service is a waste of money.

Old 10-21-2004, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

great point, mtd. linking is a top 2 or 3 thing to look at. the thing people need to watch out for is the less-than-legit companies that claim they'll get you listed and linked on thousands of sites. most of those sites that feature someone's link are simply owned by the scammers.

and you are absolutely correct on the listing "services". they are among the worst issues facing the search engine companies.

probably should make this a thread at some point to help out anyone who doesn't understand search.