Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-18-2004, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Comments/critiques on my new site.

Please give your reviews on my new site .
www.chipslawncare.com
Old 10-18-2004, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Looks good, Chip.

A couple of suggestions:

On the FAQ page, I'd ditch the "Table of Contents" heading, as well as the bookmark links that only send you down a line or two. Just list the pertinent question/answers and it'll look better. If you had a long list of Q&A's it would be useful, just not in it's current state. If you plan on adding more, keep it if you want.

On some operating systems, your use of the white font will not print out if you care about that. Some of your older visitors may not be able to read the white text to well, either. Honestly, I'd never recommend it's use for text.

Also, I don't think I saw anything other than a town name (Greater Tampa area, right?). You might want to include a more descriptive location so customer's know they might have the right business to serve them, ie: do you serve more areas than Brandon?

Tony
Old 10-19-2004, 12:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good, Chip.

A couple of suggestions:

On the FAQ page, I'd ditch the "Table of Contents" heading, as well as the bookmark links that only send you down a line or two. Just list the pertinent question/answers and it'll look better. If you had a long list of Q&A's it would be useful, just not in it's current state. If you plan on adding more, keep it if you want.
Planning on more faqs but my take your suggestion until they are added.
On some operating systems, your use of the white font will not print out if you care about that. Some of your older visitors may not be able to read the white text to well, either. Honestly, I'd never recommend it's use for text.
That should be very few, at least i think????
Also, I don't think I saw anything other than a town name (Greater Tampa area, right?). You might want to include a more descriptive location so customer's know they might have the right business to serve them, ie: do you serve more areas than Brandon?
Good suggestion will change that.
Thanks for your critique.

Tony
Old 10-19-2004, 12:48 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I'd be much more concerned about it being difficult to read (negative text often is - ask anyone involved in marketing) than any possible print issue. But since your target market being a Florida town probably has very few senior citizens, I probably wouldn't worry about it...

If you need any source material to back up that view, take a look on the web and see how many use black backgrounds and white text (or any negative color use for that matter).

Anyone who's target market contains older clientele may find it in their best interest to visit sites especially geared towards them. Think AARP.org put thought into how to best serve their prospective viewers?

Tony
Old 10-22-2004, 01:38 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I really like that question you open with.

A question can be one of the most powerful statements in advertising, or even in discussion.

There is a figure of speech that's a question. It's called Erotesis, and is when we state something in question form.

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

http://www.lawnsite.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9938&dateline=1262369890
Old 11-02-2004, 01:58 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't include anything in the Seasonal Tips that you don't do. I'm a small, solo operator, and I always try to focus on the fact that I do a few things very well (and not mention all the myriad services I don't perform).

I also like your opening question. I like to promote to my customers that my services have a value aside from the dollar amount.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Hi chipk1,

I like the black background. Sometimes using it can make a site look classic. Your pictures are great too. Your customers will see that you do excellent work.
Old 11-06-2004, 03:12 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Found a small typo:

Quote:
Do you include trimming of shrubs and weeding in your lawn service ?

We can do these extra services as needed but charges are separate and due upon completing of work.
What about completion?