Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 11:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Thanks Avery for sticking your neck out to help, have a nice night.
Old 10-21-2004, 04:37 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MajorTom
Avery,
With all due respect, you have no idea what is going on here.

When I was in 9th grade I had a study hall right before my lunch period. I was the only freshman in a roomful of seniors. A few of the seniors would constantly talk and carry on. The teacher would give the warning, for every time he caught someone talking, we would be kept after class cutting into our lunch hour. First infraction it was a minute over we would have to wait after the bell rang, next time 2 minutes, and it kept doubling, 4 minutes, 8 minutes, 16 minutes, etc.. until it would wind up that we would miss the whole lunch period. I thought that was unfair, the whole class being punished for a couple of bozos in the class. So the next time our lunch hour was to be forfeited, when the bell rang, I got up from the back of the class, grabbed my books, and started to walk out. The teacher says, "Hey (insert last name), where do you think you are going? There is no lunch today." I said, "you can't do that, I did nothing wrong, I'm going to eat." And I walked out.
Sometimes life isn't fair and everyone gets punished for a few that abuse the system. That's just the way it works.

It makes me mad too that the pm feature has been temporarily disabled, but I know it's been done with only the best intentions for Lawnsite. So this time, I ain't walking out. Lawnsite.com is the only forum where I want to be.
Jodi, come on, your being hypocritical. You say it was unfair to punish the whole group, but it is OK now. The more features that get turned off is going to hurt this site worse then people (that don't know) finding out about the other forums. What about a good majority of us that do know about them. Do you think we are going to sit back and take this crap much longer. You can look at my activity and know that I am not a advocate of the other forums. But this is getting really really old. Why all the dang censorship. If it wasn't for the first lawn forum I stumbled across, I might have never found this one. Me being a member of other forums have not effected lawnsite and I don't think others being members will either.

The guys that have been around for awhile and the ones that post good content on lawnsite all know about the other forums. If all this non sense doesn't stop then you risk losing more good members. I am a member of dozens of forums in a variety of industries, and I have never seen anything like this. Some of the forums I belong to are giants compared to this one and none of them ever complain about other forums, or links that people post. Nothing is censored except for inappropriate language or content such as drugs etc.

You mentioned at the bottom of your post that you know "it's been done with only the best intentions for Lawnsite". What about the best intentions of us members? We are the backbone of this site but we are the ones that get the shaft while this crap keeps up. Do you really think this is ever going to stop. The other forums are not going away.

You guys (lawn forums) need to kiss and make up and learn to co-exist. The sponsors are not going to go anywhere. They might buy a banner at the other forums as they come more popular (it isn't like the sponsors don't know about them). It's just like with TV stations, same sponsors run adds on all of them. Do you guys really have such little faith in this site?

Man, I love this site, but this crap really makes me mad

I use Gopher Billing & Scheduling Software
Download your FREE fully functional 30-day
trial here.
Old 10-21-2004, 04:48 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I know that I have rambled enough, but I want to add one quick thing.

Why do you think the members that did jump ship, do that? Do you think it was because they found out about another forum? Or is it maybe because lawnsite is acting like the kid that doesn't want to play with others?

Get all the features up and running again and stop censoring everything and you will not have anything to worry about. I choose lawnsite as my favorite forum because it was the original and has better content. But as I loss features I'm going to have to start weighing my options. I'm sure this is true with others.

Sorry for going into another ramble :blush: I hope I have gave Sean something to think about.

I use Gopher Billing & Scheduling Software
Download your FREE fully functional 30-day
trial here.
Old 10-21-2004, 06:33 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Avery,
With all due respect, you have no idea what is going on here.

When I was in 9th grade .......
Sometimes life isn't fair and everyone gets punished for a few that abuse the system. That's just the way it works.

It makes me mad too that the pm feature has been temporarily disabled, but I know it's been done with only the best intentions for Lawnsite. So this time, I ain't walking out. Lawnsite.com is the only forum where I want to be.
So tell us. What's the problem?
Are people using the "private" message system to talk about forbidden subjects? If it bothers you, STOP READING OTHER PEOPLES "PRIVATE" MESSAGES.
Crawdad
Old 10-21-2004, 07:19 AM

Crawdad it has nothing to do with that and they have a good reason to temporarily shut down Pms and its not to punish site members but there is no other way to do it.
So give Jodi a break polease
Old 10-21-2004, 08:01 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

This ain't McDonalds, no break today.
If Lawnsite is the only site where she wants to be, what's she doing on the other site? She referenced something to me from a private section of a different forum a short time ago, in a GIE thread.
Crawdad
Old 10-21-2004, 08:02 AM
Senior Moderator

Charles, thanks......
Crawdad, remember this.... There will always be people in this world that can be compromised. It doesn't take much, and in fact, I don't have to do anything but sit back. I don't need to read anybody's messages, I have a hard time keeping up with the 300+ emails I get daily from this site. From new member notifications, to posting problems, report a posts, to people more than willing to loosen their lips and tell me the "news" from other forums. Last piece of advice: There is always a threat that a fox can get in the rabbits den..... the fox loves to talk to me..........
Old 10-21-2004, 08:17 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Charles, thanks......
Crawdad, remember this.... There will always be people in this world that can be compromised. It doesn't take much, and in fact, I don't have to do anything but sit back. ........ Last piece of advice: There is always a threat that a fox can get in the rabbits den..... the fox loves to talk to me..........
Yes, I am aware there will always be someone, like back in school, since you like to refer to schooldays, the kid who always had to tell the teacher what people are saying/doing. Yes, there'll always be the suckups, the kissers of butts.
Not a problem for me, as I wouldn't say anything about you on this, or another site, that I wouldn't say to your face. That's the difference between me and those suckups.
Crawdad
Old 10-21-2004, 08:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well nobody is saying what the problem is.If the "problem" is so big why not tell us?
Old 10-21-2004, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

It must be top secret classified information.

"Schooldays"... That's exactly the way it's been around here for a while. I don't want to feel like I'm back in school any longer. So.. I may decide to transfer to a new school.

establishing roots in the community... www.mdlawns.com
Closed Thread