Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 01:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MajorTom
Thanks Avery for sticking your neck out to help, have a nice night.
Well my guy was willing and tried to help. But was told "we have a problem, do you know how to fix it -I'm not allowed to tell you what the problem is". This guy is VERY good. He could fix the problem probably in minutes. But he cannot fix it unless he knows a little about it.

Sorry....I tried.
Old 10-21-2004, 03:23 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Putting your censorship thoughts aside, the #1 reason not to publicly give specifics of what the PM issue is in case of a security issue. Would people here prefer that the specifics of a hole in the PM function be given or give it time to figure out what the issue is? You put one post up giving a possible security issue and you get 50 kids trying to exploit it, and that includes possible rivals. The damage that can be done through a hole snowballs and can be crippling, so why keep pushing it? I've seen the results of exploiting a seemingly innocuous security hole more often than anyone ever should. It's not fun, extremely stressful, and could effectively knock a site and all content off for days.

So..... what's the problem, Sean?

Tony
Old 10-21-2004, 03:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Come on guys, we are all adults. I would like the PM working too because I have PMs, that I know of, I would like to read.

How much longer is it going to be? Can someone tell us that much?
Old 10-21-2004, 06:06 PM

I love reading all of this stuff....everything from top secret this to threats of other forums, and so on....c'mon people, it's not winter time yet, these types of posts are at least another 2-3 months away.

PM's are shut off temporarily. We are working on making some changes. There is no hidden, underlying, top-secret motivation. Some of you actually make it sound as if I should have tech and Pierre report to you to make sure it is OK we make some changes first.
Closed Thread