Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-22-2004, 09:01 AM

My Apologies....

I want to take a second to apologize for some of my responses yesterday in this forum, specifically to Avery, crawdad and others who questioned the manner in which we turned off the PM feature and my explanation for doing so.

I would never deny that this site and the other sites I own and run are business to me. But they are not only business. Sometimes I have a difficult time defining that line between management and all else.

It is my responsibility to inform the members of changes that occur, especially something as significant as the PM's being removed temporarily. Of course there is suspicion that this was done merely because of the underhanded tactics of another site. This is not entirely true. We are working on improving the PM feature altogether.

I know that dealing with criticism and being questioned comes with the territory and sometimes I am not as responsible and as level-headed as I should be when it comes time to respond - so again, my apologies to anyone I snapped at or offended. Nothing personal for sure....just overprotective and a bit defensive at times.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

If I waited 3 minutes longer I would have read this and not given you the bad point for yesterday. When I spread some points around I will give you a good one for this post.This is the right way to deal with this.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:28 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Just a side note…

Liberty just proved again an important point about something Sean. He gave you a bad point not because of a post, but rather because of what you did or didn't do. If I adhered to such (not-meant-for?) practices then I'd give you a red "dingy" for an ill-fated reputation game, but also a green square for what's left of the professional side.

I'm from the Nam days and remember a couple of axioms that popped up, "America, love it or leave it" and another one that was, "America, love it or lose it." I suppose that any forum based website can take on an aura where you either simply lose it or leave it.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:27 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Adams
I want to take a second to apologize for some of my responses yesterday in this forum, specifically to Avery, crawdad and others who questioned the manner in which we turned off the PM feature and my explanation for doing so.

I would never deny that this site and the other sites I own and run are business to me. But they are not only business. Sometimes I have a difficult time defining that line between management and all else.

It is my responsibility to inform the members of changes that occur, especially something as significant as the PM's being removed temporarily. Of course there is suspicion that this was done merely because of the underhanded tactics of another site. This is not entirely true. We are working on improving the PM feature altogether.

I know that dealing with criticism and being questioned comes with the territory and sometimes I am not as responsible and as level-headed as I should be when it comes time to respond - so again, my apologies to anyone I snapped at or offended. Nothing personal for sure....just overprotective and a bit defensive at times.
I would like to apologies too. I have been a bit hard on Sean for the way he is running this site. It is his site and he has a right to do what he wants, just like we all have the right to run our business the way we want.

I use Gopher Billing & Scheduling Software
Download your FREE fully functional 30-day
trial here.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Adams

Sean

Can i use this when i go off ??

John
Old 10-22-2004, 01:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

No problem man. I am sure you have alot on you. I neglected to take that into account when I posted my concerns about the PM's.

Water under the bridge as far as I am concerned.
Old 10-22-2004, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical Care
Just a side note…

Liberty just proved again an important point about something Sean. He gave you a bad point not because of a post, but rather because of what you did or didn't do. If I adhered to such (not-meant-for?) practices then I'd give you a red "dingy" for an ill-fated reputation game, but also a green square for what's left of the professional side.

I'm from the Nam days and remember a couple of axioms that popped up, "America, love it or leave it" and another one that was, "America, love it or lose it." I suppose that any forum based website can take on an aura where you either simply lose it or leave it.
Hello I gave the bad point for the bad responce and attitude sean displayed when he was asked why dident he alert the members to the fact PM'S were shut off. Also the bad point is for not letting us know he was shutting the PM'S down. I will give him a good point for realizeing he was wrong and saying sorry. It is honorable to say sorry when you screw up. Also sighn the bad points when you pass them out cheeseball.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:26 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy
I would like to apologies too. I have been a bit hard on Sean for the way he is running this site. It is his site and he has a right to do what he wants, just like we all have the right to run our business the way we want.

Ditto.
We all sometimes forget what it takes to "get it done" when we ourselves happen to be "fat,dumb and happy" for that particular moment in time...............

My appologies Sean, for publicly criticizing..............
Old 10-22-2004, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Okay, I just want everyone to know what our dear friend Liberty just did.

He just got through calling me a cheeseball (and sissy in my PM), because he claims that I gave him a bad point. Liberty went as far as giving me a bad point because he felt that I had done this to him.

But, contrary to what he may think, I haven't given out any points at all, good or bad, even to people who have deserved them. Like I say, I don't play this game, but surely if I did, I would give Liberty a red square for making such an assumption.
Old 10-23-2004, 12:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical Care
Okay, I just want everyone to know what our dear friend Liberty just did.

He just got through calling me a cheeseball (and sissy in my PM), because he claims that I gave him a bad point. Liberty went as far as giving me a bad point because he felt that I had done this to him.

But, contrary to what he may think, I haven't given out any points at all, good or bad, even to people who have deserved them. Like I say, I don't play this game, but surely if I did, I would give Liberty a red square for making such an assumption.
Seeing you as the only one making a comment about my post I assumed it was you. If it truley was not then I am sorry.