Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 01:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MajorTom
You seem to have developed a problem with me liberty, I can accept that.
I do not want anyone to kiss up to me. However, your behavior, the foul language you are using (one post I removed) is not going to be tolerated.
In society, everyone has rules to follow. Same with this forum. Do not think you are going to make wise cracks at or about me, when I am doing nothing to you. (and that includes your comment lines in the rep points)

It's your comments about 1/2 of the people who made lawnsite a great place for me and I believe many others that has made me think WTF about you lateley. You used to be a cool chick what happend to start all these bad feelings? I am not happy lots of bad vibes lateley
Old 10-25-2004, 01:18 AM
Senior Moderator

Comments about who? I have never named names or said anything about any one select individual. If you are down on me about my comment about the reputation points being a small select group of people leaving rep points for "their innner circle", it's no big deal.
We were asked to give our opinions about the rep points, I gave my mine, you gave yours, I see no need to have bad vibes towards each other over it.
Take it easy and enjoy your birthday.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Comments about who? I have never named names or said anything about any one select individual. If you are down on me about my comment about the reputation points being a small select group of people leaving rep points for "their innner circle", it's no big deal.
We were asked to give our opinions about the rep points, I gave my mine, you gave yours, I see no need to have bad vibes towards each other over it.
Take it easy and enjoy your birthday.
Dang birthdays arent funn anymore it just means you are an older fart now.
The "frat" "inner circle" is not that at all. Look at my points distribution yea I gave alot to my "friends" obviously we see eye to eye and give points on good posts or ideas.Thats wat it was for. It has caused sooooooo many problems just get rid of it.

Last edited by Liberty Lawncare; 10-25-2004 at 01:25 AM. Reason: spellin again
Old 10-25-2004, 06:20 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
That was way too funny Charles.
If I carved Crawdad's head, then would that mean he has pumpkin seeds for brains??
...and If I carved yours, it'd be empty. Ha ha.
Crawdad

Quote:
......... (and that includes your comment lines in the rep points)
So, you don't have time to read "private" messages, but you read rep point messages? Funny.
Crawdad
Old 10-25-2004, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

My thoughts are this. It's nothing more than a popularity contest. There are no repercussions for having a lower or negative reputation. And there shouldn't be, the way people hand these things out. There are no positives for having a large positive reputation. From what I see, it's just what other people think of your posts. Which I could really give a crap about. Personally, I don't come here to impress people, or have people agree with me. In fact, I like it better when they don't. At least then I learn more.

I'm not really sure what the whole point of the reputation thingy is. New members can tell who is more reliable, who to listen to? Hang around a day or so and you can figure that out real quick.

I don't really care what happens to the system. I don't use it, I don't really pay attention to what other people think of me. Seems to me like it's causing more problems than it is solving anything.

Old 10-26-2004, 12:53 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

This is why a name needs to be captured......

Quote:
Soupy,
Your main purpose here is what? To constantly try to get little digs in?
You see, we aren't stupid here, we just don't care to stoop to the tactics of "outside forces"
Last time I checked, this was a free site, if you enjoy here, then we welcome you to stay cause all members are appreciated...However if you have found "greener pastures" then we sure won't detain you any longer........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy
I was just curious thats all. I have been a member to all other forums for a long time. I found this site because of the site Eric (god rest his sole) started.

I merely ask a question, I have posted under 10 threads on any other boards all summer. I have been very loyal to lawnsite, but the crap is really starting to keep deep around here.

You really know how to piss people off!

Got a ding for the above post which was a reply to Jodi's post. Here is the comment in the ding "poor you! waaaa waaaa waaaa"

I don't care about the ding, I'm just trying to show how people are getting their kicks with it. Capture a name and leave no place for comment. This will end all problems.

I use Gopher Billing & Scheduling Software
Download your FREE fully functional 30-day
trial here.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:48 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
= Capture a name and leave no place for comment. This will end all problems.
Really? I don't know about that. You think a member won't "retaliate" and give that person a "ding" right back at them if they knew their name?

So let's use you Soupy as an example, strictly as an example. Let's say I gave you 2 'dings' in a row, you saw it was me that did it. What would you do? Would you call me out on it in the open forum, (that there seems like it would cause more fighting), would you ding me back, or would you do nothing at all? Just curious.
Old 10-26-2004, 02:08 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Really? I don't know about that. You think a member won't "retaliate" and give that person a "ding" right back at them if they knew their name?

So let's use you Soupy as an example, strictly as an example. Let's say I gave you 2 'dings' in a row, you saw it was me that did it. What would you do? Would you call me out on it in the open forum, (that there seems like it would cause more fighting), would you ding me back, or would you do nothing at all? Just curious.
I have given 2 dings and have signed them both. I did not receive a ding back unless the 2 members waited a week and that is who is dinging me now. But I don't believe this to be the case.

Like I stated before if we get rid of the score card then it wouldn't matter much if we dinged each other back and forth.

I don't mind getting dinged. It is the useless dings that make me mad. What was said was between me and you and somebody felt the need to ding me for that. Unless it was you and I don't believe that to be the case either.

The ding doesn't bother me at all. It's the fact that some cowards like to leave a smart Alic comment without signing it.

I think that if a name is captured then someone would be less likely to just throw dings out for fun.

Non the less, I think the system is fun.

Now, to the person that dinged me... Can I have another, but this time sign it!!!

Isn't controversy fun

I use Gopher Billing & Scheduling Software
Download your FREE fully functional 30-day
trial here.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:21 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

How long is this "last discussion" going to go on??
Old 10-26-2004, 08:24 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvov
How long is this "last discussion" going to go on??
I think it'll "last" a while.
Crawdad
Closed Thread