Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 09:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have already said what I think a few times in other threads and poles but I have as yet to vote on it.
So here we go again. I vote keep it even though I have said up to now that I don't care. I still don't but if I have to vote one way or another I say keep it but don't allow it to be used in off topic posts. I also like the idea of it leaving the name of the person giving the points or ding as the case may be.
I have only used it twice so far to give points. I don't see me using the negative side of this any more than I report posts I don't like. I do like the idea of being able to say thanks to some one who gives me good advise and it's for this reason I would like to see it stay.
Picking on someone for occasionally saying something dumb would be far to hypocritical for an old farm boy like me. LOL
A lot of you are having fun with this and as much use as this forum is for pertinent information....having some fun is important too. My advise to some of you though would be to grow up just a little and try not to rune every thing new that comes down the pike. But thats just me.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:56 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MajorTom
Really? I don't know about that. You think a member won't "retaliate" and give that person a "ding" right back at them if they knew their name?

So let's use you Soupy as an example, strictly as an example. Let's say I gave you 2 'dings' in a row, you saw it was me that did it. What would you do? Would you call me out on it in the open forum, (that there seems like it would cause more fighting), would you ding me back, or would you do nothing at all? Just curious.
Another fine example of why this point thing should be dropped. So far I think we've seen several if not many reasons why it should go away and about two why it should stay.

Buck
Old 10-26-2004, 11:43 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy
Capture a name and leave no place for comment. This will end all problems.

Give people a choice if they want to participate or not. That way the people that want to have fun can and the others that don't won't have to be a part of it. That will solve all of the problems with the point system.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:32 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I think that we should keep the point system.

I am happy with it but I think it would be better if there was no comment line. just a red or green square.

A student taking a philosophy class had a single question on his final: "What is courage?" The student wrote: "This", signed it, and turned it in.

in Iraq, ever since the beginning of time, men have fought for, land, power, money, and greed. but what are we fighting for? .... we are fighting for something new, we are fighting, because it is the right thing to do.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Medic
Give people a choice if they want to participate or not. That way the people that want to have fun can and the others that don't won't have to be a part of it. That will solve all of the problems with the point system.

This post earned me a negative point of course no signature or comment, sign you name, it's not like I'm going to drive to your house over a point on Lawnsite .

Wrong opinion I guess, giving people a choice
Old 10-26-2004, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Medic
This post earned me a negative point of course no signature or comment, sign you name, it's not like I'm going to drive to your house over a point on Lawnsite .

Wrong opinion I guess, giving people a choice

I agree, sign your name. If you don't believe in what you say, they stay under the rock you crawled out from.

Turf Medic, Even though you have dinged me, I will replace the loss point for you. I don't hold grudges and the ding that you got was wrong.

I use Gopher Billing & Scheduling Software
Download your FREE fully functional 30-day
trial here.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy
I agree, sign your name. If you don't believe in what you say, they stay under the rock you crawled out from.

Turf Medic, Even though you have dinged me, I will replace the loss point for you. I don't hold grudges and the ding that you got was wrong.
Hey Soupy ol buddy, appreciate the point, I wouldn't have dinged you if you hadn't posted requesting it, something about liking the little red boxes with the greens. Just no keeping you happy is there, suppose you are collecting green ones now , soon as I can I'll send you a green one.
Old 10-27-2004, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

"Wrong opinion I guess, giving people a choice "

Now you know how Ralph Nader feels. LOL!
Old 10-27-2004, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i love the points! its good entertainment. i got some points the other day and it was signed "from a frat brother". so ill just pass it on to the rest of ya!LOL

Dan

If you don't love it, leave it:
Let this song I'm singin' be a warnin'.
If you're runnin' down my country, man,
You're walkin' on the fightin' side of me.
God Bless Our Troops!
http://www.nra.org/ http://patriotguard.org/
Old 10-28-2004, 05:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a question about the points system and since this is the last discussion on it, here goes. Can you give or take points with the sponsors or are they exempt?
Closed Thread