Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-24-2004, 03:18 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy
I don't know who sodgirl really is? but I just checked her 12 post and didn't really see anything unusual. Why did she get dinged into a red square? I don't get it, please fill me in.
What was so bad about this question? I just noticed she had a red square was curious if I had missed something.

Man am I pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I use Gopher Billing & Scheduling Software
Download your FREE fully functional 30-day
trial here.
Old 10-24-2004, 03:25 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

soupy
Senior Drinker

Here is my statistics at the so called outside forces. Now look at my recent activity at lawnsite and see were I spend my time.

Yea, I'm pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trial here.
Old 10-24-2004, 03:29 AM
Senior Moderator

I merely asked you a question because I am not sure you are happy here, and i'm not really talking just about this thread.
My intent is not to "piss you off" as you put it. Just kinda wondering if you question the other forums so intently as you do here........

HELLOOOOOO - why would I think a member with over 1,000 posts outside forces?? Re-think again please, thanks....
Old 10-24-2004, 03:43 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MajorTom
I merely asked you a question because I am not sure you are happy here, and i'm not really talking just about this thread.
My intent is not to "piss you off" as you put it. Just kinda wondering if you question the other forums so intently as you do here........

HELLOOOOOO - why would I think a member with over 1,000 posts outside forces?? Re-think again please, thanks....
The only reason I have question this forum lately is because I am tired of the bickering. I haven't really question the forum so much as I have questioned Sean. I have been getting upset at the high horse attitude he has had. I have talked to Sean in emails and apologized to him for being hard on him lately. My criticism came from being part of dozens of Computer forums and they all allow anything to be said about other sites and sponsors. To them a sponsor is merely a banner add. But their forums are also just a function of their Website (that is their business, not the forum). This is why I offered an idea to Sean to make Lawnsite more then just a forum.

I tell it like it is, If this is taking little jabs then so be it.

Now my question was because I seen a member with only 12 post and a red square. I thought to myself, I have to see this persons post. I clicked in her profile were it says read all post. I read all 12 and didn't see anything unusual. I thought, well there could have been something in there to get a ding or two. But to get nailed enough to go red. I don't get it, I must be missing something. So I asked!

trial here.
Old 10-24-2004, 03:56 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Soupy,
Your main purpose here is what? To constantly try to get little digs in?
You see, we aren't stupid here, we just don't care to stoop to the tactics of "outside forces"
Last time I checked, this was a free site, if you enjoy here, then we welcome you to stay cause all members are appreciated...However if you have found "greener pastures" then we sure won't detain you any longer........
Quote:

No, I went back and read your post again to see if I mis read it. You pretty much referred to me as an outside force. You insulted me in a big way. I don't mind be told you don't like my post, but don't accuse me of something without proof.

I'm willing to let this drop, but next time you don't agree with a post. Tell me to shut up or it's none of your business, blah blah blah! But don't accuse me of something I am not.

trial here.
Old 10-24-2004, 12:44 PM

Soupy...I emailed you back. But this is something different that I think I can explain....

First, sometimes as many of us know, we read something from someone and have no idea if they are being serious, funny, condescending, etc... so it can be hard in that regard.

Second, we have been advised many times to ignore the other sites - it is not in our best interest to stoop to their level, play games, break laws, etc... like they do on a regular basis - but you have to understand that it is hard - we are stuck in the middle. We know who frequents other sites and that doesn't mean anything to us. But when people go to other sites, trash our name, profoundly exclaim they will be a part of the "greater force that destroys lawnsite.com" and then pops on here and acts as if everything is cool...well, you can understand it is hard.

Believe me, we have been accused of being paranoid at times. If I posted some of the emails I receive from these people your jaw would drop. But we try our best to play it cool - sometimes we just aren't always as good at it as we need to be.

I am not going to close this, but I would hate to see this argument continue.
Old 10-24-2004, 01:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a quick question that was asked in another thread, and not answered, and I am not trying to get any thing in, I really would like to know. Are the PM's really private or are they read by others, your board your rules, and I won't argue if they are, but I would like to know.
Old 10-24-2004, 04:57 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Adams
Soupy...I emailed you back. But this is something different that I think I can explain....

First, sometimes as many of us know, we read something from someone and have no idea if they are being serious, funny, condescending, etc... so it can be hard in that regard.

Second, we have been advised many times to ignore the other sites - it is not in our best interest to stoop to their level, play games, break laws, etc... like they do on a regular basis - but you have to understand that it is hard - we are stuck in the middle. We know who frequents other sites and that doesn't mean anything to us. But when people go to other sites, trash our name, profoundly exclaim they will be a part of the "greater force that destroys lawnsite.com" and then pops on here and acts as if everything is cool...well, you can understand it is hard.

Believe me, we have been accused of being paranoid at times. If I posted some of the emails I receive from these people your jaw would drop. But we try our best to play it cool - sometimes we just aren't always as good at it as we need to be.

I am not going to close this, but I would hate to see this argument continue.
I have said some things that I regret. I have apologized for that. As for as I'm concerned that is water under the bridge. Just for the record, my post in this thread had nothing to do with anything rivalry. I simply was being nosy as to what this sodgirl person was doing.

I think we can all move on. I'm not going to worry about how things are run, it is your business, not mine. I'll just go with the flow.

trial here.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Medic
I have a quick question that was asked in another thread, and not answered, and I am not trying to get any thing in, I really would like to know. Are the PM's really private or are they read by others, your board your rules, and I won't argue if they are, but I would like to know.
Wow, no answer yet.
I wouldn't want to mis-quote anyone, but I think this question has been answered in the past.
Crawdad
Old 10-24-2004, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
sod girl,
for someone that never posts here, I'm surprised you would even care. Oh that's right, we know who you really are.
Tell us. Is it Odin?