Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-13-2004, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Member

echo vs redmax string trimmer

i have redmax now but got a echo catalog and they look good with some nice features.anybod had both?????????????
Old 11-13-2004, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

RedMax gives you a 2 year commercial warranty. Echo is a 1 year commercial, 2 year homeowner warranty. The RedMax BCZ3000 which we use is also 3 lbs lighter than the SRM-311 from Echo.

Not sure if Echo is running Catalytic Converters on their 2 cycles. If so that's a big negative, Cat conv creates heat, which reduces engine life.
Old 11-13-2004, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautreaux's LNG
RedMax gives you a 2 year commercial warranty. Echo is a 1 year commercial, 2 year homeowner warranty. The RedMax BCZ3000 which we use is also 3 lbs lighter than the SRM-311 from Echo.

Not sure if Echo is running Catalytic Converters on their 2 cycles. If so that's a big negative, Cat conv creates heat, which reduces engine life.
Gautreaux how do you like your 3000's so far?? I have been looking at the same trimmer and have not heard too much said about them. So if you could be so kind as to please give a small review of the BCZ300S trimmers you are using it would be great

Thanks
Rob
Old 11-13-2004, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Member

i have a 225,it is not strato charged and i like it,no problems whatso ever.but i have some friends that have the 2400 strato that say they not as good as 225.
Old 11-13-2004, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Blown up many Echo's, never have blown up a Redmax under the same heat and conditions. Komatsu makes Redmax. Komatsu makes heavy machinery.
Old 11-13-2004, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Member

I ran Echo equipement for several years. Here lately I have not had very good luck with it. There always seems to be something wrong with at least one of my Echo products. I have been swapping over to Redmax this year. I have had much better luck with it. I just bought the 2600 trimmer and the straight shaft edger. Both are great. I have yet to find an edge that will bogg the edger. One feature I really like about the Redmax is the air filter. It is foam and you can wash it out. The Echo filters have always been a pain for me. Seems I have to replace them all the time. Also ever since Home Depot started selling Echo the quality has seem to not be as good.
2 Redmax Eb 8000s
Carlton TRX 7015 stump grinder
Old 11-13-2004, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Redmax

hands down.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks for all the replies but, I would like to know a little more about the BCZ3000S than what the master product catalog has to offer.Has anyone had any real time with this machine I would also like to hear any negatives if anyone has any. I like my ECHO 2601 but I hate the 230 I bought from Home Cheapo so i'm looking at keeping the 2601 as a spare and just getting rid of the 230 and upgrading to a red max.

Thanks again
Rob
Old 11-15-2004, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We've had great success with the RedMax 3000's. We ran T-270 Shindaiwa's until this season. The switch was a tough decision but I'm not much on 4 cycle or 2 cycle with Cat. converter. The RedMax's are awesome and light. I find them a bit cold natured in the A.M. We usually start them and let them run (idle) for 20-30 for the first run of the morning. From that point it's great the rest of the day. Only the first season but not ONE problem yet!

And the EBZ8000 Blower is great!
Old 11-15-2004, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I like my Redmax trimmer. But it is vary cold natured in the a.m.

I thought i heard that komatsu made Echo as well.

Also i have never noticed a 3 lbs difference in the 2. According to my catalogs there is a .5lbs difference.

I prefer the Echo because it is easier to get parts for and has a lifetime ing module warranty.It also seems to vibrate less and more comfortable to use.And always starts in 2 pulls were the redmax takes up to 6.