Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-13-2004, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Lazer Z ct Vs. Lazer Z hp.........Your advice??

Ok a lot of people have me sold on the exmark mowers. I am now down to the the Lazer z ct and the Lazer z hp.

What are the real differences between the models? I think someone stated that the Hp is a more commerical machine.

I would be getting it in the 44" deck with the Kaw...or maybe the kohler.

Please give me some input on which one to pick and the average cost of each machine. thanks for the help. SY

Roll Tide Roll
Old 11-13-2004, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

You will probably get better advice from the exmark forums, but the CT has smaller hydro pumps than the HP. The HP is a commerical model, and CT is a residential model (like you stated).

Heres some posts that will help you with the CT: http://lawnsite.com/search.php?searchid=77761

Heres some posts that will help you with the HP: http://lawnsite.com/search.php?searchid=77762

Theres a ton of information out there, you just have to use the search function. Have Fun.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for the help!

Roll Tide Roll
Old 11-14-2004, 01:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernYankee
Ok a lot of people have me sold on the exmark mowers. I am now down to the the Lazer z ct and the Lazer z hp.

What are the real differences between the models? I think someone stated that the Hp is a more commerical machine.

I would be getting it in the 44" deck with the Kaw...or maybe the kohler.

Please give me some input on which one to pick and the average cost of each machine. thanks for the help. SY
The Lazer hp 44" 48" 52" have been around for quite sometimes now and they made eXmark very famous as far as I know, especially the 52/23 unit...I have not seen at all the CT model in my region so I don't know. The HP is a solid machine for sure.
Old 11-14-2004, 12:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Supposedly, the CT model has been beefed up a little, frame wise for the 2005 models. Also, all CTs will now come powered by a BriggsVanguard engine.

You might expect to spend at least $7200 on the HP and somewhere around $6000 for the CT.
Old 11-14-2004, 12:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would go for the 52/23(KAW) HP. I had one and it was a great machine with tons of power to spare! I am so glad that I didn't go with anything smaller than the 52, now I have a 60" Z and love that even more. The larger deck just covers ground so much faster. I would say get the biggest machine you can afford as long as it fits with your properties. You would be amazed on the manuverability of these machines, I can put my 60 pretty much anywhere the 52 would go. Good Luck!
Old 11-14-2004, 12:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esby
I would go for the 52/23(KAW) HP. I had one and it was a great machine with tons of power to spare! I am so glad that I didn't go with anything smaller than the 52, now I have a 60" Z and love that even more. The larger deck just covers ground so much faster. I would say get the biggest machine you can afford as long as it fits with your properties. You would be amazed on the manuverability of these machines, I can put my 60 pretty much anywhere the 52 would go. Good Luck!
if you get the 52 hp you will have more trim side then the 60"deck on the lazer.
The ct is home owner with an attitude. Lazer HP is COMMERCIAL.
John