Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-13-2004, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Necessity is the mother of invention....

I was really tired the other day from leaf cleanups. My bro had the push blower out back on a 18K prop. for leaf cleanup, so I invented a solution..of sorts..lol..I put a backpack on, climbed on the Stander, used a ball bungie to hold the lower tube even with the top of the deck,locked it at full throttle, and drove around the yard blowing leaves into the lawn for collection. People stare enough when they see the Standers, but they were really puzzled Thursday seeing this..not sure what they saw..So, let's hear about some of your "inventions" of necessity this fall.......
Old 11-13-2004, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

bill,
i invented the 4 hour work day..
Old 11-13-2004, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I mounted my billygoat leaf loader on a 4 wheeled garden cart you can get at any lows or menards. Before I had it lagbolted to my trailer, and it was exposed to all the elements - even when covered with a tarp. Now I can roll it on and roll it off and store it in my garage so it doesnt make it more tempting for people to steal my trailer. Also it makes it much easier to service and do basic maintence. I said in another post I would try to post some picks of it and my leaf collection set up.
Ford 97 F150 with load handlers on rear suspension, toro 21 inch pro, lawn boy 21inch 2 stroke, toro 36inch walkbehind, toro 52 inch Z100, exmark 52inch turftrace xp, billy goat truck loader, redmax trimmers edger and backpacks, stihl FS110R trimmer, stihl HS80 30inch hedge trimmer.

Except for ending slavery, fascism, nazism and communism,
WAR HAS NEVER SOLVED ANYTHING
www.protestwarrior.com

Proud American Infidel!
Old 11-13-2004, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I got you beat there Adam..I patented the three hour day
Old 11-13-2004, 11:43 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

2 falls ago, we took our Trac Vac off the dump truck , because we needed the hitch to pull the trailer,.. and mounted it on the tongue of the trailer. About 20 mins into the first cleanup, I smelled something burning.I thought a few leaves had fallen on the muffler, so I walked over to find a hole the size of a baseball burnt into the sideboard of the trailer..We should have mounted the vac 180* opposite, never thinking the exhaust would be 5" from the sideboard...bad thing was, as soon as I shut the vac off, the wood shot into full flame..good thing for fire extinguishers...
Old 11-13-2004, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah those mufflers get hot as hell. When we are running it toward dusk you can see the leaf particles landing on it and bursting into flame. I got lucky one time when I accidental put my hand on the muffler, I was wearing gloves, and was saved from a nasty burn.
Ford 97 F150 with load handlers on rear suspension, toro 21 inch pro, lawn boy 21inch 2 stroke, toro 36inch walkbehind, toro 52 inch Z100, exmark 52inch turftrace xp, billy goat truck loader, redmax trimmers edger and backpacks, stihl FS110R trimmer, stihl HS80 30inch hedge trimmer.

www.protestwarrior.com

Proud American Infidel!
Old 11-13-2004, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I grabbed a hold of that #$%^ muffler at the dump one night taking the TV out of the hitch..next year we're putting a swing away hitch on it..

BTW-How's your brother doing over in Iraq? Hope all's well!!
Old 11-14-2004, 12:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

He is fine, thanks for asking. I just sent him a email. He was kinda upset he didnt get to fight in Falluja, he said he felt like he should be there cause every one else was, but his unit had to stay back and guard the base. Selfishly Im glad he wasnt there, but I still worry about those who are. A few weekends ago 8 or 9 marines where killed in a bombing from his battalion and we where worried he was one of them. We felt better when we got word from him that he was alright. - but it makes you feel guilty cause you know some one elses family worst fears came true. I really appreciate all your guys support on here, you dont know how much it means to me.

www.protestwarrior.com

Proud American Infidel!
Old 11-14-2004, 02:26 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by impactlandscaping
I got you beat there Adam..I patented the three hour day
3 hours? now you're just getting lazy my friend.
Old 11-14-2004, 08:17 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

4 hrs, 3 hrs? I INVENTED the 1 day work week/4 day fish week. i invented the 90 pack(3-30 packs at once).