Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-19-2004, 10:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

comming up with a business name

This year i used Steve's Professional Lawn Services. I have thought about changing it next year and come up with a name to stick with that is short. Any ideas as developing a catchy creative name?
Old 11-19-2004, 10:47 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I looked at names of the new neighborhoods going in. They usually come up with great landscape names!
“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victor nor defeat.”

-Theodore Roosevelt
Old 11-19-2004, 12:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=88815
Steve's anything is too generic. Most new businesses fail for one reason or another, it's a fact of life. The fail factor is never included in a business plan. The fact that they fail is not always a direct reflection of the owner. I have never seen a complied list of the reason for failure but I'm sure it's a long one. If, and you probably will fail, then why would you tie your good name to something that went down in flames. Most seccussful businesses are restarts of failed businesses. There is no rule as to how many times you can do a restart. If your name is Lake Side Lawn Service and you do a restart as Lake Area Lawn Service no one will connect Steve to the failed factor. Steve's LLC just doesn't do it for me. Don't be afraid of failure and don't be ashamed of it eather. It's a great education and those that have never tasted it are missing a great adventure in the world business. The first one across the finish line is not the only winner.
Old 11-19-2004, 12:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The Lawn Salon
Old 11-19-2004, 12:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

you have to consider some things, for example if your name is well known in the community then use your last name. People will recognize that more. But I feel if you live in a larger community it is better for a creative name
Old 11-19-2004, 01:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

How about a list of services you offer and the targeted clients you seek, i.e. : residential, high end residential, commercial, etc..