Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-19-2004, 10:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

He's making a list, he's checking it twice...

yup, starting to order everything for winter maintenance of the equipment which will begin probably the 29th unless I get some late phone calls.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:19 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm glad I don't live in Michigan. I can't stand the cold and I would be miserable all winter with everything stored. I like running my mowers year round. Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb doing leaf jobs.

By the way, I was in the John Deere dealership buying a new toy a few days ago and decided I needed some Kawi oil filters while I was there. I've never bought parts from them before. Well, I save about $2 per filter. Just a thought, if you have a JD dealer around you may want to price some of your maintenance misc. items with them.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Our JD dealer that was located here went out of business, and the closest one I believe is about 30 miles away.

But that is a lot saved!
Old 11-19-2004, 12:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiedeman
Our JD dealer that was located here went out of business, and the closest one I believe is about 30 miles away.

But that is a lot saved!
Speaking of JD dealers,there is one about 10 miles away that the customer service is just real baaaad. It is currently runned by an older couple who are rude. After the old lady some what helped me. She looks that the guy behind me who was next in line. With an attitude she says "What's your problem" He gave her an attitude right back. Threw his worn belts on the counter and says "I don't have a problem I need new ones. " I walked out and said to myself this place sucks. My farther in law warned me about how bad they are he was right. I go to another JD dealer 5 miles in the other direction and I'm treated alot better.
Old 11-19-2004, 01:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead1134
Speaking of JD dealers,there is one about 10 miles away that the customer service is just real baaaad. It is currently runned by an older couple who are rude. After the old lady some what helped me. She looks that the guy behind me who was next in line. With an attitude she says "What's your problem" He gave her an attitude right back. Threw his worn belts on the counter and says "I don't have a problem I need new ones. " I walked out and said to myself this place sucks. My farther in law warned me about how bad they are he was right. I go to another JD dealer 5 miles in the other direction and I'm treated alot better.
I have bad experiences with the JD dealer that went out of business as well. The only reason I went there is because they sold Stihl. But they were jerks. I remember one time I kept on asking for help and they were brushing me off over and over again, which I waited about an hour for help, that I finally left. I got home give them a call up and told them that they just lost a huge cash sale. They begged me to come back, but I told them off. I basically told them that they were discriminating against me because I was younger. That was the last time I went in there.
Old 11-19-2004, 06:08 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Our JD dealer here in town is excellent. He just bought a large lot in town and built a brand new building. He said the other day he had a $1,000,000 loan to pay back. he shouldn't have any problem with that because of all the people that buy JD equipment. The customer service is great and if they don't have a part the JD parts program will get it there 9:00 the next morning. I have noticed that their maintenance items like filters are very reasonably priced.