Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-22-2004, 03:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Where can I order one?

I would like to purchase an aluminum grass catcher for my 48'' Ferris, but where can I order one. My local dealer won't be getting them in until spring.

Thanks...
Old 11-22-2004, 05:49 PM
Sponsor

There are plenty of these at our distributor in Enfield, so any of our dealers in your state can get one right away. Just call another dealer on our website and ask them for a GCSC or GCSCXL. They are easy to ship UPS ground, especially over a single UPS zone (about $15.00). If you have any problems give me a call at the office.

Peter Andonian, Lawnsite Sponsor
Accelerator Industries
http://www.AcceleratorIndustries.com
800-984-9410
Old 11-22-2004, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks alot. I'll check out the site now so I could actually find out what a GCSC and GCSCXL are.

I was temtped to buy one of the steel ones that my dealer had because it was only $189, but I figured it would be alot heaver and could possibly rust.

Would it be cheaper to order it out of the place in Enfield or should I just wait until spring and get it from the dealer?

Last edited by LawnBoy89; 11-22-2004 at 08:36 PM.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:22 AM
Sponsor

The GCSC is the regular size bagger (4.15 cubic ft), the GCSCXL is the 6.2 Cu ft. All the baggers look basically the same (for a given size) but have different openings where they attach to the mowers. These two units fit the Ferris mowers. The Enfield wherehouse is the distributor for our product, but they only sell to dealers. What I was getting at was that any of our listed dealers would be able to get a catcher right away since they are in stock at the main Enfield wherehouse. You can use any of our listed dealers to get a catcher.

Peter Andonian, Lawnsite Sponsor
Accelerator Industries
http://www.AcceleratorIndustries.com
800-984-9410
Old 11-23-2004, 08:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Oh I see. Yea I went on the accelerator site and it had the dealer that I talked to listed, but they wouldn't be getting any until spring. But now that I think of it there are many other dealers that I can go to, one that is actually in my town. Thanks alot for the help and maybe I could finish up some of my leaf cleanups with it.

Thanks again.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Go for the 6.2 You'll be glad you did.

Don't ask for an easier life; ask to be a stronger person...

203-856-5602
Old 11-24-2004, 11:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I probably will, I have alot of experience with 21's with baggers and even my old craftsmen and changing the bags all the time takes so long and is such a pain.
Old 11-25-2004, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm thinking about going with the metal one because all the dealers around me don't sell ferris mowers, or parts for ferris mowers except the one that won't get any in until spring. They have the metal one, for $189, is it really that much heavier?

I'm thinking about just going for it, the only thing I'm worried about is not only the weight but also the issue of rust?
Old 11-25-2004, 10:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnBoy89
I'm thinking about going with the metal one because all the dealers around me don't sell ferris mowers, or parts for ferris mowers except the one that won't get any in until spring. They have the metal one, for $189, is it really that much heavier?

I'm thinking about just going for it, the only thing I'm worried about is not only the weight but also the issue of rust?
The steel ones are heavy, especially when full! I hate bagging anything because of this. And yes, they will rust quick too.

Not sure how Accelerator feels about this, but I'll tell ya that I've seen someone selling them on ebay recently pretty cheap. Might be worth a look.
Old 11-25-2004, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, that is a great idea. The hard part would just be finding the one for my mower.