Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-01-2004, 01:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Trimmer rack help!

Ok guys maybe I can get some help here. No luck in the commercial section. I've only been doing this on my own for one season. Anyway, I bought a used trimmer rack today and I am having trouble getting my trimmers and edger to stay upright. They keep rolling over upsidedown. (being there topheavy) Is it Ok to transport them upsidedown. If not any suggestions on fixing the problem.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Should be

That should be fine, i have an open trailer and when i put them in the trailer i put them upright, but when i get to a job they are upside down. So when i travel they are upside down all day. I like to set them upright while I'm mowing. As long as the caps are on tight there should be no problem. You car run them upside down, so there should be no problem leaving them upside down while travling.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadA
Ok guys maybe I can get some help here. No luck in the commercial section. I've only been doing this on my own for one season. Anyway, I bought a used trimmer rack today and I am having trouble getting my trimmers and edger to stay upright. They keep rolling over upsidedown. (being there topheavy) Is it Ok to transport them upsidedown. If not any suggestions on fixing the problem.

I said it in the other one and I will say it again here....BUNGEE CORDS will solve this problem and protecyt your equipment.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

can you mount something inside the area (like plastic or clothe) where the trimmer sets to stop the movement? For example, trimmer trap has a plastic piece that helps to stabilize the equipment