Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-22-2000, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have decided that when I buy my next commercial mower I will demo sevral brands.One of my top choices is the lazer Z.My question is which engine would you buy???I would be using it for commercial and large residential jobs.Any thoughts???<p>----------<br>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care
Old 05-22-2000, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I picked up the EPS 72&quot;26efi Kohler,last month.I've only put 60 hrs.so far because of the drought,but i like the extra power.this model also has the air ride comfort seat and it is great on the back.I can get this mower on to smaller properties than i thought i would be able to,almost eliminating my 50&quot;.I can also do some of my bigger properties in reasonable time,cutting down on the bushogging.All around a great investment.$8600<br><p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING
Old 05-22-2000, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Don, who did you get your Lazer from? I actually went today and looked at the Lazers...yet again (don't really need one ) I went to Trail Saw and they were pretty close to the price you got. <p>I was actually considering a Kawasaki 22 LC with a 60&quot; deck. Is this too little of an engine for a 60&quot;? Or is it just as powerful as the 25 Kohler? I realize it appears to have 3 more hp , but once both are up to operating temp, can you tell a difference? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Come on Lazer guys, let the experience rip. I haven't had a problem with the 25 Kohler on my Kees, but that appears to be the exception, not the rule. I don't know if I would buy another after the $hit I have heard here
Old 05-23-2000, 07:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

KIETH,<br>commercial lawn equip.<br>407-944-9878<br>He's just opening a new store in LAKELAND,don't know that #.<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING
Old 05-23-2000, 07:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

lazer z 60in 22hp 72 is too big unless u have alot of wide open jobs i think the 60in would suit you better<br>-nick<br>go exmark all the way
Old 05-23-2000, 11:52 AM

I've got a 60&quot; Lazer Z with the 25 Kohler. So far ((500+ hrs) only had the head gasket problem. Other than that if I was going to do a lot of open gorund I'd go with the 72&quot;. But for all around mowing the 60&quot; is fine and very few places I can't get into. Only thing I might buy other than another Lazer is a Ferris IS. They will hold ground speed better if it's a bit rough.
Old 05-23-2000, 01:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think I would be useing the 60'' deck.So I guess the real question would be which engine?I like the sound of the Kaw liquid cooled engine but what is the engine life on each engine?Or which would be better on fuel.Hey Lazer which models do you use????<p>----------<br>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care
Old 05-24-2000, 12:50 PM

Lazer uses toro's remember. hehe