Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-21-2000, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I was talking to a freind and he told me about a dodge truck he saw that had been altered.He told me how the truck had the rear axle taken out and had a bed that would lower to the ground.I though the idea was neat but never really thought much about it.Until today!I bought a truck trader and found a dealer in town that is selling a truck with that conversion.I did a little searching and found a page with a picture of it and talks about it.I tryed the home page that was listed on the page but it was not it.Here is the page I found. <p><br>http://www.farmshow.com/stories/story13.html <br>South Side the page says that they have these beds in australia.Have you seen them?What do you guys think?Hope you like it!<p>----------<br>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care
Old 05-21-2000, 11:17 PM
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Sounds like it may work. Seems like it's a lot of extra money and would weaken the truck, so I will stick with a trailer. <p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>
Old 05-22-2000, 07:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I agree. It would also mean turning the truck<br>into a front wheel drive. If you have your <br>heart set on this sort of thing,then try<br>ripping the tray body off it and putting a<br>tilt tray on.(I beleive they are called ramp<br>trucks in the US) The tray just slides off the back of the truck.This setup is common<br>here in the towing industry.<p>Karl<br>
Old 05-24-2000, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

$12,600 will but a good 94-96 2wd truck AND trailer! Won't be seeing one of those conversions in MY driveway anytime soon.<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>