Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-10-2004, 11:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

11 Messages since monday

I hadn't checked my answering machine messages since monday and when I did I had 11 messages. At this time of year that is just plain scary. Scary in the sense that you know someone is calling to pester you about why you didn't stand outside and catch each leaf before it hit the grass. Well shiver me timbers because not one of them was someone bitchin'! I had to tell you since I am so happily amazed. Really none of my customers has a reason to gripe right now, but when I saw 11 messages I was like "oh crap, here we go". I also sent out invoices last week and was worried that that I screwed something up or people were whining, but no, not this time! I guess I'm the opposite of venting. My question I guess is...in the spring it's nice to have a lot of messages usually, but in the fall do you ever grimmace at the thought of checking all the messages?
Old 12-10-2004, 11:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm always happy to get messages. It's just certain #'s on the caller id or voices of certain customers I dread hearing from. Luckly I've about weeded all them out.
Old 12-10-2004, 12:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

At this time of the year, the best thing that can happen to me daily is to come home from running around during the day and see a big fat 0 on my answering machine. The same goes with snow plowing. Period
Old 12-10-2004, 12:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Some people can leave messages until they are blue in the face--calling them back just ain't gonna happen. And there's the guy who simply WILL NOT talk to an answering machine. I have had as many as 7 calls from him in one day--as shown on the caller I.D.--yet not one message. And I don't call him back either.

But there are other people who are just as nice and sweet as I could wish for, and I know they aren't calling just to whine or b!tch. So THEY always get a prompt call back, because I treat them just like my own Mom or Dad.

Thank the Lord for the people I actually enjoy working for!!!
Old 12-10-2004, 12:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

One time after we got done weeding this guy's huge bank we came home to this message:

Hi, I'm calling for Kyle and Wade. I guess you guys came by and worked on my weeds today, and I just wanted to call and say it looks BEAUTIFUL! I can't believe how hard you guys worked and how much you accomplished in one day! You have one very happy customer!

Now if that doesn't make u proud, I don't know what will! I love working for people like this.
Old 12-10-2004, 12:35 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodfather
At this time of the year, the best thing that can happen to me daily is to come home from running around during the day and see a big fat 0 on my answering machine. The same goes with snow plowing. Period
Me too.

Old 12-10-2004, 02:05 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodfather
I'll second that one,the last thing you want when you are plowing is a bunch of complaints or people wondering where you are.

If its snowing hard enough for you to call me do you really think i'm home? If I was home it would not look to good formy business if I answered the phone would it.

www.luxurylawninc.com

http://www.facebook.com/#!/LarryN828
Old 12-10-2004, 02:29 PM
Banned

UNLESS, it's someone new.....
Old 12-10-2004, 02:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Why did you wait 4 days to check your messages. Kinda poor service on your part.
Old 12-10-2004, 03:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Rodfather, I remember you saying that a while ago. It is so true, I love coming home and seeing "0 messages". Very rare, though