Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-21-2004, 03:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Echo or Redmax???

just ordered the redmax 8000, the salesman was really tryin ti sell me the echo (forgot the model, but ti was the best they had) the numbers looked better for the redmax(cfms). they were both the same $. whats up!
Old 12-21-2004, 03:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I thin kyou'd be better off with the RedMax, he may be trying to clear out the Echos because he has too many that will be outdated next year or maybe he won't be carrying them anymore. I've used Echos, they're good, but I think that the RM is a better value.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

he was trying to sell you the Echo because they can't give that stuff away....RedMax literally blows them away with the blowers, and the trimmers are superior as well. My dealer called me and said they are 'unloading the Echo junk so they can stock nothing but RedMax from now on'
Old 12-21-2004, 04:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Redmax

I just bought the 8000 last month. It is the best i have ever used. Its heavy but well worth it. You made the right choice.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:11 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

redmax is a way better company in my opinion. besides that every home owner and his brother have echo equipment. it takes away from your "professional image".

A student taking a philosophy class had a single question on his final: "What is courage?" The student wrote: "This", signed it, and turned it in.

in Iraq, ever since the beginning of time, men have fought for, land, power, money, and greed. but what are we fighting for? .... we are fighting for something new, we are fighting, because it is the right thing to do.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I like the 8000 so much (the first one) that I bought 2 more...and I have Echo BP's (650's) as well.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Thank You

yeah they had all kinds of echos in stock but had to order the RM... He even said "listen to me tellin you the echo sales better but I have no Redmax in stock" he felt stupid at that point you could tell.
Old 12-21-2004, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

There is Nothing...I repeat Nothing wrong w/The High End Echo equipment...the stuff you Can't Get @ Home Depot.

The Echo 650/750 is a Great Blower...Tuff as Nails...I've had less go wrong w/the Echo blowers than the RM Blowers...Which is Almost Nothing in both Cases. Echo should have an 850 Out Soon enough but for Now the RM8000 is Top Dawg.

I Guarantee if RedMax could have Beat Echo in the Door @ HD they would Have...& Lots of Companies are Kicking Themselves for Missing that Opportunity. Echo's Smart enough to Keep their Top Stuff out of HD...What they will Likely Do Next is Re badge the True Commercial Line so it Stands out from the HD Crap...Different Coloring & a Unique Branding...Like Toyota/Lexus
Old 12-21-2004, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Member

I've been using an Echo SRM-2400 (bought from home depot) for about five years. This thing has been used and abused but is as strong today as it was when I bought it. It has paid for itself in spades! I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.