Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-20-2000, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Member

I know this isn`t a new thing for you guys but my "helper" decided to leave a note taped to my truck that he couldn`t work today. Still did 28 lawns today without him plus I don`t have to pay him! The best part is the next time he shows up I get the pleasure of putting my boot up his rump.......
Old 05-20-2000, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Don't kick him too hard!You don't want to pay to have you boot removed from his butt buy a team of doctors!LOL!!!<p>----------<br>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care
Old 05-21-2000, 01:32 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Ya, I did 145 right by myself.............uh huh!<p>Homer
Old 05-21-2000, 04:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would kick his arse so hard,my foot would<br>touch his heart.Seriously,I would fire him<br>immediately and find someone else.<p>Karl<br>
Old 05-21-2000, 05:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Don't feel bad,The guy I hired part time to help with installs did not call or show his very first day....I had a long day with some real big B&B stock.<p>----------<br>John <br>
Old 05-21-2000, 08:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

This is the main reason I work alone. You get busy , then they dont show up. It's ok if you are doing pits, but the higher quality type work requires that you be at least near on time.
Old 05-21-2000, 09:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

When the economy sinks a bit and the shelter lines are stretching around the corner he will be back happy to have a job.<p>I have found that older workers are more reliable and harder workers than the young ones. Why? Because they've been in and out of tough times and grew up working hard. Todays young people have never had to. They are a part of the gimmie society. They want it right now, as fast as possible and with as little effort as possible.<p><br>Chris
Old 05-21-2000, 10:17 AM
LawnSite Member

It`s usually just me and the wife but this kids been bugging me for a job so I thought I`d give him a try. I`ve cut by myself a lot <br>and actually prefer it.
Old 05-21-2000, 10:51 AM
LawnSite Member

I usually work alone but my son has decided that he needs some extra money this summer to buy a car (gets his license this year) and wants to help,, seems that he only wants to help when he is broke, so I only pay him a little at a time. this way he stays broke most of the time and works more. I save the extra back for his car he wants to buy.<p>I like working alone cause it gives me time to ponder the secrets of life....
Old 05-21-2000, 11:05 AM
LawnSite Member

Maybe employee loyalty is tied to employees not getting a fair shake. What does an employee owe you if you don't pay time and one half pay, or &quot;kick into&quot; the tax fund?<br>That's if you don't of course. Plus do you throw the people away at the end of the season? Ask yourself what's in it for them, not just what's in it for you.<p>Phil Nilsson