Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-01-2005, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Member

I have been kicking this design for a door hanger around for a while. Bottom is tear-off business card. Can anyone give me some opinions. Thanks.
Attached Images

Old 02-01-2005, 02:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

honestly? well, i dont like it. it looks like a house in a valley, just behind a rolling hill. well, having lived in florida, i know that there isn't a single damn hill (except in gainesville area). People can not "connect" to this kind of lot.

instead of the line in the middle, bring the house closer, and make the palms and trees bigger. oh, wait...i just saw the area code. you must be from the Ocala/Gainesville areas.

Also, it is too busy. dont know why, but there are too many lines going on, the horizon, the ocean (is it?) in the back.

the bullets and letters over the "walkway" are hard to read.

just my opinion. hope you dont get offended!
Old 02-01-2005, 02:28 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

How many are you going to have made up and who is doing the print? Reason I ask is because if you are going to spend a lot for that, you mine as well pay the $125 or so and have a designer do it for you.

www.progressivelawn.com
www.wichitalawnmowing.com
www.partybuswichitaks.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
- Aristotle

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
- Leonardo da Vinci
Old 02-01-2005, 02:52 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i completely agree with walker....do what you do best and leave the rest to someone else who will do it better and faster.
Old 02-01-2005, 04:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well we have had a some nice temps today so I got out and hung some door hangers today, probably 150 in a new subdivision. Has anyone been hanging yet? Maybe it's kind of early, but I'm going out of my mind
Old 02-01-2005, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

your slogan should either be broken in to 2 sentences "your home is your castle. i'll treat it that way." or "your home is your castle and i'll treat it that way." but the comma should go.

i'll agree with the others. if you plan on paying for a color run, you might as well hire someone to design it for you. the hill's lines, and darker green color, are battling with your text. the bullets you have are also not a great idea there as they don't work to well with the upper background image.
Old 02-01-2005, 05:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrentz
honestly? well, i dont like it. it looks like a house in a valley, just behind a rolling hill. well, having lived in florida, i know that there isn't a single damn hill (except in gainesville area). People can not "connect" to this kind of lot.

instead of the line in the middle, bring the house closer, and make the palms and trees bigger. oh, wait...i just saw the area code. you must be from the Ocala/Gainesville areas.

Also, it is too busy. dont know why, but there are too many lines going on, the horizon, the ocean (is it?) in the back.

the bullets and letters over the "walkway" are hard to read.

just my opinion. hope you dont get offended!
Wow, I didn't expect this harsh of a criticism. Well, Petrentz, there are hills in Florida in other places besides Gainesville. It so happens, that here in Lake County, Florida my design is VERY representative of the surrounding area. There are lakes and hills all over the place. The body of water in the background is a lake, not the ocean. The house is nearly at the top of a hill, not in a valley. Overall I thought my design was pretty clean and well balanced. As far as BUSYNESS goes, my art is not nearly as BUSY as most of the others I have seen on this thread. I tried to simulate what was typical to this area, without using photographs. Sorry if my stuff doesn't look like all the canned art you people are used to downloading off someone elses website. I tried to portray a tranquil and attractive setting and yet include all the information necessary to inform the customer of my service. By the way, the bottom piece is a business card tear-off and the reason the art is duplicated. And to all you art critics out there: I am a graphic artist and don't need to pay people to do it for me. I was employed with a large printing company for 4 years and they were REAL happy with my work. Thanks for everyone's "honesty". One thing I can agree with is, I need to change the grammer of the 1st sentence.
Old 02-01-2005, 05:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabe2
I have been kicking this design for a door hanger around for a while. Bottom is tear-off business card. Can anyone give me some opinions. Thanks.
Guess you shouldn't have asked for opinions -- just compliments.

Kansas City Lawn Care and Landscaping

Kansas City Lawn Care and Landscaping Blog
Old 02-01-2005, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamons
ditto!!!!

Wannabe2, you will not see another post to any of your questions from me again.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamons
I wasn't looking for compliments, just objectivity....ooops, none found here!!! Artists do like to be appreciated. I guess I need to grow a thicker skin....not like all you crusty old hardnoses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrentz
ditto!!!!
Wannabe2, you will not see another post to any of your questions from me again.
I really appreciate that!!! Thank You!!!

I'll bet you people get your kicks running over peoples cats with those Dixie Choppers!

Last edited by Wannabe2; 02-01-2005 at 07:28 PM.