Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-01-2005, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

huh? you think you are funny?

no wonder you dont have your "graphic artist" job anymore!!
Old 02-01-2005, 07:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Wannabe,
Take no offense, it's a tough crowd, and it should be. You asked for opinions, and you got a few. I don't think anyone here is out to personally attack you. But isn't the idea to design the best possible door hanger that you can before it gets printed? You asked for opinions, really then you should be able to welcome all ideas. The criticisms were constructive, I really believe these guys were just trying to honestly help you improve your hanger.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

"Can anyone give me some opinions."

what was the point of the above sentence? anytime you ask for an opinion, especially related to a visual medium, you will be dealing with subjectivity. if your artistic feathers got ruffled, that's your problem. next time, post your work and simply say, "this is what i made." so if you want to take shots.... by all means, please do as i've seen your design work on your portfolio.

and before launching your sad diatribe that you aren't like the rest of us who steal clipart, you might want to know the audience you are dealing with. one hires a designer (who did a great job, btw), and i do 100% of my own (as well as for the likes of mercedes-benz, chrysler, ncr, andersen, and many other fortune 50 companies), down to my logo and all ad layouts, so save your histrionics. i've spent over a million dollars on design work over the years, and ran other design-driven budgets numbering in the tens of millions. i think that qualifies me to tell you what i see. you layed yours on the table and that's mine. this is the reason i replied with a direct commentary on your poor choice of bulleted black text against that backround image. if you are truly a designer you'd see that your bulleted list on the top section DOES NOT WORK. it's as simple as that. would you prefer to have someone who just say's "Wowww.... impressive as hell. Get that to the printers NOW!".

Okay:
"Wowww.... impressive as hell. Get that to the printers NOW!".
Old 02-01-2005, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingreen
Here we go once more
Not sure if anyone pointed this out, but "Lawn Care" is two words.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

that was in reference to your post on page one of this thread; it was spelled incorrectly on your door hanger
Old 02-01-2005, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrentz
huh? you think you are funny?

no wonder you dont have your "graphic artist" job anymore!!
Yeah, I'm just like all the people with Bachelors and Masters degrees out there cutting lawns. I was downsized!
Old 02-01-2005, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek
i've spent over a million dollars on design work over the years, and ran other design-driven budgets numbering in the tens of millions.
It must be nice to have a "Million-Dollar" Budget.
I did not say I was a "Designer". I said graphic artist, for a printing company. The standards for the printing industry are not as high as for lets say some hoyty-toyty advertising agency. Just a tech school certificate in Commercial Art. I'm just a person struggling with a startup with not much cash, and need to do it myself. Maybe a hot-shot like you can't appreciate that, but that's my reality.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

you might look to see that i've asked maybe 1 or 2 questions of my 386 posts. 99% of those other 384 posts are me using my background to help others out, so keep lobbing your potshots.

as for not appreciating the start-up process, each of my companies, outside of a small start-up seed, have been self-funded, which is a general operating principal that i have. so appreciating boot-stapping is an understatement for me. in fact, if you search on "boot-strapping", i'll bet you see that a couple of those returned posts are mine. and i'm no hot-shot (narcissistic, yes...). i only gave a bit of my background to you because you deemed it necessary to tell us why our critiques were wrong and your's were right.

best of luck.

regards,
hot-shot, hoyty-toyty tony
Old 02-01-2005, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

so... to get this thread back on track, anyone have any new images to post?
Old 02-01-2005, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Hey, hot-shot, hoyty-toyty, (AKA tony),

dont waste your time with someone who would not understand you anyway!!!

i know some about your and your companies and it impresses the hell out of me. but who am i to be impressed by a guy with a million dollar budget!!