Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-01-2005, 05:17 PM
LawnSite Member

HELP! Lazer Z, Turf Tiger, or Toro Z Master

Can't decide. I have a local dealer for all three mowers. I have one 61" Tiger with 1200 hrs. I'm gonna buy a new ZTR but I can't decide on one or the other. I've only put one pulley and one hydro pump on my Tiger, that was at 1100 hrs. Other than those two items I have done nothing else to it. I have used a demo Lazer Z and I was very impressed with the quality of cut. Will the Lazer hold up like the Scag? I love the dependability of my Tiger but if the Lazer Z will be just as dependable I think I'll buy one just for the better cut. Who has used both? What is your opinion on the two. How about the Toro Z's? Does the Turbo Force decks cut well?
Old 01-01-2005, 05:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I'd go with the Scag because of the tri-plate deck and the shaft drive. I've never used one but i've seen some area's cut with them and they do a great job wet or dry. If you already have one you may want to try something new so then i'd say go with an Exmark.
Old 01-01-2005, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would go with Exmark over Scag
Old 01-01-2005, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatz100
I would go with Exmark over Scag
Can you explain why you feel Exmark is better than Scag?
Old 01-01-2005, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I own both Lazer Z and Scag Truf Tiger. The Lazer will out last the scag. Lazer 1400 hours never been in shop. scag 300 hours been in shop 5 times.
Old 01-01-2005, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Member

If You Are Going By Cut,exmark Hands Down.there Was A Poll About A Month Ago,same Subject And Exmark Won By A Mile.i Seen A 7 Year Old Exmark At Dealer Other Day With 2650 Hrs,it Was In For Service And A Belt.
Old 01-01-2005, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Can you explain why you feel Exmark is better than Scag?

I like Exmarks Ultracut Deck. Now if we were putting in Gravely and Hustler, I would not feel the same. But for some reason scag does not appeal to me. I do not own an Exmark nor a Scag so I feel that I am not making a biased opinion. Also you must DEMO and get a feel for which mower you like
Old 01-01-2005, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Go with the Toro, I've heard good things about the Turbo Force Deck.
Old 01-01-2005, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

You guys crack me up.

By " hearing " that a mower is good, that is no way an opinion on how it works. I you have never owned or demo'd a mower than how do you think it's " the best ?"

LoL
Old 01-01-2005, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnfella
Can't decide. I have a local dealer for all three mowers. I have one 61" Tiger with 1200 hrs. I'm gonna buy a new ZTR but I can't decide on one or the other. I've only put one pulley and one hydro pump on my Tiger, that was at 1100 hrs. Other than those two items I have done nothing else to it. I have used a demo Lazer Z and I was very impressed with the quality of cut. Will the Lazer hold up like the Scag? I love the dependability of my Tiger but if the Lazer Z will be just as dependable I think I'll buy one just for the better cut. Who has used both? What is your opinion on the two. How about the Toro Z's? Does the Turbo Force decks cut well?
Will an eXmark hold up like the scag? Sure. But at 1200 hours on the scag you haven't used it up or taken it very far. Unless you have been hard on it of course. So if you are asking will the eXmark make 1200 hours, then I say Heck yea.

What should you get? That is a personal issue to some degree. You stated you like the cut of the eXmark better. So if you like the cut better and you have a dealer close by, I wouldn't hesitate to get one. It will give you 1200-3000 hours of dependable service depending on your maintenance.