Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-04-2005, 12:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Good price on Hustler Mini Fast Trac?

Good morning guys,

I've had a local dealer here in Ga. say that he would sell me last year's model with 15 Kohler and 36" deck for $2500 + tax. Is this a good price? Is there really that much difference between last year's model (2004) and the 2005?

Thanks,

BAMARED
Old 01-04-2005, 12:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thats a pretty good price, over here they are 3139 for that exact model
Old 01-04-2005, 12:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would jump on that right away! I wouldnt even sell you my used one for that price.
I saw a dealer selling one on Ebay brand new for $3k. I thought that was good but $2500 is a steal.
and God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, Gen.1:11
All praise, all power, glory & majesty to The Holy One of Israel, the One which is, which was & which is to come
Old 01-04-2005, 01:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

BAMARED

im guessing if you are in the deep south you might be in Louisiana, if so where??
Old 01-04-2005, 03:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

splatz,
he said the dealer was in Georgia.
and God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, Gen.1:11
All praise, all power, glory & majesty to The Holy One of Israel, the One which is, which was & which is to come
Old 01-04-2005, 05:07 PM
LawnSite Member

splatz100 and DSIM,

Thanks for the info. For obvious reasons, I would rather not tell you whose selling this mower other than it's in the state of Georgia. But I will tell you if I do not end up buying in case someone else wants to buy it.

Could you offer me some advice on this mower? I've heard that it's home-owner grade and I've heard that it's commercial grade minus the integrated hydro. pump. What's the final verdict on this?

Lastly, is there any difference between last year's (2004) model and the new 2005 model?

Thanks so much,

BAMARED
Old 01-04-2005, 05:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

sorry about asking where you were from. I am pretty sure(not 100%) that there is a difference in the 04 and 05 model.
Old 01-04-2005, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

There is not a difference between 2004 and 2005 model years, in fact the unit has not changed at all since we started producing them back in the spring, pricing and models are identical.
Hustler's model year changes in August every year, so for general purposes any model produced after August 1st 2004, is a 2005 model year unit.
The Mini FasTrak unit is a residential grade unit, about the only things not commercial are the drive axles and Kohler engine option, the Honda engine option is a commercial grade engine.
There is only a 90 day commercial warranty (3 years for residential use) on the Mini FasTraks, if you buy a standard FasTrak (44 or 52") there is a 1 year or 400 hour warranty available if you purchase and have the dealer install a hour meter.
Of course the standard warranty on the FasTrak (44 and 52") is 4 years parts and labor for the homeowner.
No matter what unit you buy, if it has the Honda engine you get the commercial engine warranty, and if you go with the Kohler you get a limited commercial warranty.

Hope this helps

Pj
Old 01-04-2005, 05:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

That price sounds good to me also. The whole machine is commercial grade except the integrated hydro's. It would probibly serve you a long time in commercial use with proper maintenance.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerconsultant
The Mini FasTrak unit is a residential grade unit, about the only things not commercial are the drive axles and Kohler engine option

PJ,

Thanks for your help and insight. I'm not sure if I fully understand the above sentence that you said? Sounds like a contradiction. Right? In other words your saying that this mower is residential grade, but except for the drive axles and Kohler engine, it's all commercial. Right?

Thanks so much,

BAMARED