Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-20-2005, 11:51 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We didn't have much choice on the location of ours. Where it's at is where it was when we moved in. It's in a corner, but there's not much to keep the kid from getting to it.

Starting when she was crawling, we made sure to tell her "no" everytime she got close to it. It helps that there's a step up from the floor to the stone surround, it serves as a barrier of sorts. Now that she's walking (and has been for a while), we have to watch a little more closely, but she definately knows not to go near it. I don't think she understands why though.

I think I worried about it more when she was crawling than I do now.

One of these days, she'll be helping me cut wood.
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2005, 11:55 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

She's cute Dan!

Maddi is ALWAYS told NO! too. We have gate around the stove in the basement too.

BTW, she has 2 toy mowers, but no chain saw. I've probably posted this pic before in the skid steer.
Attached Images

"Blue eyed boy meets a brown eyed girl.... oh oh oh the sweetest thing"
Old 01-20-2005, 12:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Lilah has gotten to the point where she knows when I'm going out to the porch to get wood... She'll stand at the door and wait for me to come in, then "lead" me to the stove and point at it. Like she's telling me that's where the wood goes. It's cute, but she's always in the way!

Too bad that you, Adam and I don't live closer to each other. I would bet our daughters would get along pretty well together!

Dan
Old 01-20-2005, 01:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Felix
Lilah has gotten to the point where she knows when I'm going out to the porch to get wood... She'll stand at the door and wait for me to come in, then "lead" me to the stove and point at it. Like she's telling me that's where the wood goes. It's cute, but she's always in the way!

Too bad that you, Adam and I don't live closer to each other. I would bet our daughters would get along pretty well together!

Dan
That's funny, cuz Maddi does the same thing, and now says "hot, hot"

Adam's daughter is just a few months older than Maddi, whose b-day is in March. How old is Lilah?

Old 01-20-2005, 01:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Apparently she's the youngest of the three. She's almost 21 months now, she'll be 2 on April 26.

Dan
Old 01-20-2005, 01:30 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Cool, so here and Maddi are only a month apart

Funny how these threads morph and take on a life of their own, huh?

So what's the BIG gift for b-day #2? We're shopping around for a nice swingset.

Old 01-20-2005, 01:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm just wondering if everyone else has un-subscribed by now.

I have NO idea what we will get her for her birthday, it's far enough away that we haven't even begun to think about it. Right now, she's the only grandchild on either side, though by the time her birthday rolls around, she will have a cousin on my wife's side. She's currently the only great-grandchild on my wife's side, and has a 1-month old second cousin on my side. So she's pretty well taken care of!

Dan
Old 02-08-2005, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Member

I've also opened up the muffler a bit, in an attempt to gain some power- I think I've got a 1/2" and 3/8" holes drilled in the muffler in addition to what was stock. Yes, I did re-tune the carb when I did that (as best as I could by ear, at least). I opened up the muffler last year, and I had several hours of operation with the original CJ8Y plug after that.

Any thoughts (other than to get a different saw)?

I have had the best luck with all my two strokes by running just slightly rich and cleaning the muffler. Not just extra holes but taking the whole thing off and giving it a complete cleaning. I learned the real importance of this when buying used equipment where this has never been done by the previous owner. They would run exactly like you mentioned, clean the muffler, then clean the plug and they run GREAT!!!!

My rule is clean the aircleaner, clean the plug, clean the muffler, then consider any adjustments to the carb. My two strokes all run pretty well and start pretty well even with occasional use. Give it a try, it is the cheapest PM you can do on these things