Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-14-2005, 01:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Leasing advertisment space

I don't know if any of you heard about the guy on e-bay who rented out his forehead for advertisement space, he got like a few thousand out of it. After hearing this it made me think of an idea. Renting out advertisement space on my equipment? Kind like a NASCAR? Now obviously its not going to be worth a huge a mount of money, but if you could get a bunch of different retailers from the industry to advertise on your trucks or mowers, it might be some good money? Just a thought. Anyone ever heard of this?
Old 01-14-2005, 09:44 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

the fundamental issue would be the logo exposure to consumer eyeballs. your equipment, unless car sized, would probably not lend itself to having easily seen logos.

now your trailer or trucks might be a different story.... but then, for what would probably be a negligible amount of money, why compete with your own logo?

tony
Old 01-14-2005, 09:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I read a post on here once about a guy that was going to do that with his covered trailer. He was going to try to get the local power equipment dealer (I think) and some others to put their name and logos on.

I don't know if he ever did it or not. I am thinking it may not be a good idea to put too many ads on your trailer though. People may start calling the power equipment shop to say they saw them mowing the neighbor and would like an estimate.

I put the name of one of my fert, seed and sod suppliers in my yellow page ad this year. Letting people know that is who I use. However, I did not ask for any money or a discount for it. They have helped me so much this past year, I thought I would like to do it as an expression of my appreciation.

David
Old 01-14-2005, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Hi fairwayCuts,

That is a good idea. This comes up once in a while. You never know until you try right? So let us know what you come up with.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:00 PM
LawnSite Member

I did a search on eBay on this.....there were 42 listings for such advertising....some as high as $35,000. Unfortunately, only 4 of these listings had any bids on them.....and the highest was $17 (which was good for 450 characters emailed to 3.8 million email addresses).

Neat idea though....
Old 01-25-2005, 01:19 AM
LawnSite Member

The key to sucess here is getiing on a show like good morning america. The guy got $37,000 for advertsing on his forehead. GMA featured his story, there is no way he would have got close to this without their coverage of this.
Dennis E. Forbes
Old 01-25-2005, 03:35 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I run my dealers logo and name on the side of the trailer (EQUIPMENT SUPPLIED BY). Do I have an exact number of what benefit this has for me--NO, but I do get some good deals from time to time and Get to "demo" things that I would have to rent elsewhere.