Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-11-2000, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Normal growth for me here in Green Bay. Seven day cycle still. Actually its slow and today it finally rained for about 1 hour. Didn't mow in it, went to Wendys and learned a valueable lesson - refrain from the onions if you plan on mowing after lunch.
Old 05-11-2000, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I'm gonna have to take a trip up North and see what it is ya'll are talking about..........6&quot;!!!!!!!!! Centipede could grow for a month and never hit 6&quot;, only bahai stalks. Ya'll act like double cutting is a crime or something......get in bahai after 2 weeks of growth,when it rains of course, and you'll have to triple or quadruple cut it! I need to see this grass of yours. I bet it's easy to cut too!<p>Homer
Old 05-11-2000, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Send some of it to North Carolina we are drying up fast here.
Old 05-11-2000, 08:08 PM
LawnSite Member

I am here on the west side of Cleveland and the lawns are out of control. If I can ever catch up with these lawns I will put people on a five day cycle. We had more rain yesterday and today. It's real fun trying to mow grass that is 10-12 inches long and wet. This is nuts!
Old 05-11-2000, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

No different up here in Ontario. Been working 7am-10pm every day that it doesn't rain. Went to the double-blade system and raised our decks to 3 1/8&quot; and still have to double-cut most lawns. This is our 10th year and a number of our customers have been with us since the first year, this is without a doubt the fastest growing, longest grass we've ever had to cut. <p>----------<br>Dave in S.Ontario<br>www.cutntrim.com
Old 05-11-2000, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm from the west side of Cleveland, had another bad day. I did one yard today that normally grows a lot and this thing was outta control and no **** just for kicks I measured how much I was taking off, 14 inches when measured next the to path I just cut!
Old 05-11-2000, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

MRPLOW:<br>I'm in So. Ohio and the same thing, I can't keep up with the growth. Check out the discussion from a few days ago on double cutting. Lawrence Stone says we've all made poor equipment decisions because we have to double cut. I guess I didn't bow to the Toro God enough.<br>I'm starting to wonder who is in this business and who is just a computer nut.
Old 05-11-2000, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Same in CT. Lots of rain, then 3 days in the 90s made lawns look as if they went two weeks without mowing.<p>Enjoy it while it lasts, drought will hit early this year.<p>Bill
Old 05-11-2000, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Homer, I'd like to see that skinny <br>grass also. I'll ride with you. That <br>will give me a chance to chek out that <br>Big Bad Dodge.<p>----------<br>Bobby <br>Ft Lauderdale
Old 05-11-2000, 10:25 PM
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I just got in from mowing all day and as some have said, this is rediculous. I have been cutting grass that has a weeks growth and it's over the top of my front tires. Last week it was cut at 3&quot;, but now it looks like it hadn't been cut for a month. I wish I had at least 30 HP now. It rained today again after last night's rain and tonight we are expecting more, tomorrow it could rain most of the day again. Do you southern guys need some work?<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>