Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-20-2005, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Texas Charter School Needing Assistance

I am currently the vocational director for a small charter school located in Bryan/College Station, Texas. For the past three years, the charter school has worked to build a vocational program to serve its students. We serve a high percentage of low socio-economically students and minority students. The program has taught Agriculture 101, 102, Horticulture and Landscape Maintenance. Unfortunately, we are limited due to the funding we receive from the state. I am currently seeking any assistance to help continue to build this program. The program typically has 15-20 students each semester. I would like to see if there is any corporate sponsorship or individual business support to help with equipment and any supplies for the agriculture classes. In addition, if anyone knows of someone that might could be of assistance to our public charter school to help the vocational program, all information will be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions or comments, please contact me at dhalebsic@yahoo.com. Thank you for your time.