swiss miss is american made.
carnation comes from sweden
amazing ain't it.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1alx
I strongly agree...that's exactly why I drive an American SUV
ain't it great to know the one thing they don't outsource is the truck lines.
thats because the automakers can't afford to screw up the truck lines with cheap labor.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

These mowers use some of the same components as quality units but they lack any design finesse and they cut corners...Assembled in China...You Simply Can Not beat their Labour Rates....One Main reason they're on the Verge of Becoming the World's Next Economic Big Boy.

Now, if they put their Minds to designing Quality Units, instead of cheap knock-offs, they'll secure even More of the Market....& We're Sunk. China's the World's Wal-Mart.

http://www.mowersulky.com/Bradley_Mowers.htm
Old 01-23-2005, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

You couldn't pay me to drive a foreign-made truck. I just prefer to support my fellow American citizens
Old 01-23-2005, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i hate the idea of big american companies going to other country's like mexico and china. it's hard to tell where the american dollar goes anymore. when i pay for car parts or lawn mower equipment, who am i really giving my money too? i liked it back in the old days when there we're small company's doing big things for there customer. now, it's more like which oversized corporation am i going to give my hard earned dollar to today?? what ever happened to the slogan "America, The land of Oportunity"?? just my 2 cents....

Respectfully,

Richard/Owner
Old 01-23-2005, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fareway Lawncare
These mowers use some of the same components as quality units but they lack any design finesse and they cut corners...Assembled in China...You Simply Can Not beat their Labour Rates....One Main reason they're on the Verge of Becoming the World's Next Economic Big Boy.

Now, if they put their Minds to designing Quality Units, instead of cheap knock-offs, they'll secure even More of the Market....& We're Sunk. China's the World's Wal-Mart.

http://www.mowersulky.com/Bradley_Mowers.htm
exactly, and so long as the workers are under communist rule the economy will never equilize, they will always be cheaper because their workers will never dare demand more pay.
thing is when you look at stuff that has been outsourced by American companies the price is only a small difference from non outsourced products.
so who is making out like a fat rat the CEOS AND THE OWNERS.

Last edited by stumper1620; 01-23-2005 at 11:38 PM.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:09 AM
LawnSite Member

Don't worry guys, pretty soon those cashed up chinkies are all going to want SUV's, Harlies, computers etc ... and other US made goods and I'm sure there'll be a maccas on every street corner in Bejing before too long with all those royalties flowing back to the USA.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:00 AM
LawnSite Member

In One Aspect, I Understand The Keep Jobs Here Thing, But This Is A Whole New World And Is Changing Every Day. But The Flip Side Is That There Are Far Too Many People In These United States The Demand Cheaper Priced Products To Put An End To Buying From Over Seas. Also There Are Tons Of Businesses Here That Are Started By The Sale And Distribution Of All Those Products. Not To Mention Spare Parts And Repairs. Americans Are Still Being Employed, Just In Different Ways. Other Countries Want Our Products, Just As We Want Theirs. Pure Global Economics. We Just Need To Remain Competitive!
Old 01-24-2005, 03:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1alx
You couldn't pay me to drive a foreign-made truck. I just prefer to support my fellow American citizens
Business Major in college... have studied and wrote on outsourcing... roughly 13% of all american autos (even trucks) are foreign (made) parts.

As far as the competition in trucks go, America hasnt had that much competition... Last yr was the 1st year Nissan offered a full size truck (Titan) and Toyota for the past few yrs with the Tundra... the t100 was close but not like the tundra...Good trucks, and the japanese have been good to put assembly plants in america.. the japanese do the same and outsource their jobs to 3rd world countries to keep costs down..

It is a double edged sword though, fully made in Japan or fully made in U.S. and take the jobs out of India, taiwan, china then add upwards of $6k or more to the price of that new truck or suv.

A little off the subject.. GM says that $1400 of every vehicle sold, goes strictly to paying the health coverage of their american workers(another reason they outsource) EVERY VEHICLE!@!##$@
something has to be done with the frivolous lawsuits of this country.