Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-26-2005, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fareway Lawncare
Looking to Save a Few Bucks or Looking for a "Great Deal" on a Mower ?.... beware that you May be supporting the Rise of the World's Next Economic Super Power....Cheap Labour Can't be Beat...Especially by a Spoiled North American Population.

http://www.mowersulky.com/factory_tour.htm
I went to the web-site..And I was amazed..2000 for a hydro walk behind..And pretty red paint.Like a ferri..They make ztr 52" riders(hydro)Nice
And guess what 3500.00 brand new shipped...I wrote them and got a quick responce....I mit buy one of those riders.. talk about more money in my pocket..China man mowers no problem...as long as they last and cut good..hummn
Old 01-26-2005, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotgreen?
Well if you think about it, there is not that many owners for big companies, most of them are run by people that are responsible to their stock holders to make a profit, and even small companies run by their owners want to make a profit, even I want to be able to have an employee at some point and be able to give him a good pay but if the demands for a salary are more than I can pay, we will have to part ways, after all I do not run a non-for-profit business. I guess I am being greedy and a dreamer, but hey, the American dream is to own your company (including my one man operation). On the other hand and getting back on track, there still a lot of choices out there for lawn equipment that are manufactured in the good old USA and anyone is free to choose what they want between those made here or China.
The owner is the guy with the most stock. None the less, the Ceo and large stock holders (no matter what their tittle is) are the ones laughing all the way to the bank. They don't care about anything but their money and the money that they leave to their children. They live in a different world and could care less about what happens to the rest of the american citizens.

I use Gopher Billing & Scheduling Software
Download your FREE fully functional 30-day
trial here.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy
The owner is the guy with the most stock. None the less, the Ceo and large stock holders (no matter what their tittle is) are the ones laughing all the way to the bank. They don't care about anything but their money and the money that they leave to their children. They live in a different world and could care less about what happens to the rest of the american citizens.
I couldn't have put it better myself. Thank You !
Old 01-27-2005, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmj lawns inc
I went to the web-site..And I was amazed..2000 for a hydro walk behind..And pretty red paint.Like a ferri..They make ztr 52" riders(hydro)Nice
And guess what 3500.00 brand new shipped...I wrote them and got a quick responce....I mit buy one of those riders.. talk about more money in my pocket..China man mowers no problem...as long as they last and cut good..hummn
where do you See 2K for the Hydro Walk ?
Old 01-27-2005, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here:

http://www.mowersulky.com/hydro_drive.htm

I didn't see price though.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Well I can't help but wonder with all you guys talking about buying american and keeping your money in the USA how many of you all have kawasaki or Honda Engines on your mowers and use Redmax, Shindawia, Tanaka, and Echo power equipment. Your money is going straight to japan. i suggest you start buying Stihl equipment and Kohler engines on your mowers.
Old 01-28-2005, 01:50 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Followell
Redmax, Shindawia, Tanaka, and Echo power equipment. Your money is going straight to japan. i suggest you start buying Stihl
What's the difference between sending your money to Japan or sending it to Germany? It's leaving the country either way. Or did you not know that Stihl USA is owned by ANDREAS STIHL AG & Co. KG, Waiblingen, Germany?

Old 01-28-2005, 03:23 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin
What's the difference between sending your money to Japan or sending it to Germany? It's leaving the country either way. Or did you not know that Stihl USA is owned by ANDREAS STIHL AG & Co. KG, Waiblingen, Germany?
The difference there is the 1,200 American workers employed by Stihl USA.

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"
Old 01-28-2005, 03:40 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy Lawn Service
The difference there is the 1,200 American workers employed by Stihl USA.
A great number, if not all, of the other imports are assembled here too. You ever see what it says on the crankcase of a Kawasaki engine? In case you haven't noticed it says MADE IN USA. A good number of the parts on a Kohler engine are out-sourced too. The electronics (Mexican the last I heard), fuel injection (Bosch) and who knows what else.

I am all for buying as many American owned products as possible but to say that you should buy Stihl over any other import just because they're assembled here doesn't hold water.

Old 01-28-2005, 06:03 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I really didn't know that Stihl was really German. I honestly thought that they were american. I guess because of the large manufacturing plant they have in Virgina Beach, Virginia. Stihl says made in USA while other equipment says assembeled in USA. You right I guess, most companies outsource so several parts are foreign made. I know the Zama carburetors on Stihl are made in China.