Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-29-2005, 06:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Logo decision help here to please

Hello all,

I know there have already been some requests for logo design input recently, and hoped I could impose upon you guys for one more design input thread I am using designoutpost.com and if any of you have surfed over there the past week maybe you've seen these. I selected some of the ones I like ranging from strong like on down to not so strong like, I'd like to hear some opinions from others besides my better/best half

Thanks in advance fellas,

-Geoff
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2005, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i think they are pretty close, with none really separating themselves from the pack. so far, mychicken's #1 i like the best. unique look and a very original take on the name and the lco biz.

btw, if you file a dba for:
"HedgeAbove Lawncare & Landscape, LLC doing business as "HedgeAbove Lawn & Landscape"
you can drop the need for LLC on everything.

tony
Old 01-29-2005, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Member

I like #3, would be easy to read on your truck!
1998 Walker Zero Turn
2000 Scag Walkbehind
2005 Toro Pushmower w/Bagger
16 Foot Tandem Trailer
Sthil Blowers /Trimmers Ect...
Old 01-29-2005, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

So who did your logo?
Yourself or did you have someone do it?
Why I ask is after 14 years we are doing a business makeover. New name, trailer, uiforms, ect.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Like 'em all except 3 and 5.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
ALarsh Like 'em all except 3 and 5.
Thanks for the feedback AL I am not overly wild about those two either but they do help to present a pretty across the board portrait of the different types I have had submitted so far...thanks again.

Quote:
yamadooski So who did your logo?
Yourself or did you have someone do it?
Why I ask is after 14 years we are doing a business makeover. New name, trailer, uiforms, etc.
I read a thread on here a couple of weeks ago and Ken (soupy) was kind enough to let folks know where he got his and post the link. I can now return that favor..here you go... www.designoutpost.com Check them out they have designers from all over the world competing to make your logo, webpage template, whatever. The minimum required price for a logo is $100 thats what you may offer bottom line, you can offer more. I will pay about $110 for the files to the logo design I like best and select. Great site!!!! Thank you Ken.

Quote:
btw, if you file a dba for:
"HedgeAbove Lawncare & Landscape, LLC doing business as "HedgeAbove Lawn & Landscape"
you can drop the need for LLC on everything.

tony
I guess I'm not familiar enough with that practice in regards to the LLC or Sub-s. Should I have noted that on the Articles of Organization? Is this a change I can make relatively quickly? If so would the people to contact be the Sec. of State again? I guess long & short if it's gonna be something I will have to wait, pay, or refile for I will have to maybe live with what I have until the DBA change goes through. At any rate I can have it deleted from the name easy enough before final revision, thanks for the tip, btw I also like the mychicken #1 design, kind of like that first one be ezjey also.

Thanks again all for feedback.

-Geoff
Old 01-30-2005, 08:40 AM
LawnSite Member

Good luck...I'm just getting ready to finish my Logo design contest. I like 1, 3 & 4. I do like the Hedge design mychicken came up with. I'd bet if you challenge him alittle more, that logo could really stand out.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

green, llc's require that the llc be appended to all uses of the name, but you can file for a "dba" or "tradename" where it's shortened to lose the "llc". it's typically pretty cheap and is a standalone filing, at least in ohio, from your articles of org.

if you wanted to, you could file a dba to have your company also be known as "Bob's Mowing". an easy example are restaurant franchises. it's common to see something like:

"TGR Franchise Systems of Ohio, LLC"
Doing Business As
"McDonalds".

tony
Old 01-30-2005, 11:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I like #1 because it is easy to read quickly and there is a good contrast of white to color especially between the letters. It won't look like as much as a blur as the others if its on the back of a shirt or moving truck and trailer. I feel it looks the most professional.
Old 01-30-2005, 05:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
standalone filing
Thanks for the info Tony I will have to check State of Iowa regs but that is what I would expect here as well. thanks again.

Quote:
I feel it looks the most professional.
lwcmattlifter, That is exactly how this design hit me the first time I laid eyes on it, only question for me is does it look to professional? By that I mean does it look snooty/snobby? I don't really think so but the reason I ask myself these kinds of questions is the visibility factor, i.e. want something that fits the bill for not every demographic/customer, but most would be nice

Thanks for the feedback

-Geoff