Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-31-2005, 02:45 PM
LawnSite Member

raising prices letter

I saw on this website a few weeks ago-- someones example letter that they would send out to their clients to tell them they were raising their price... Can someone help me with an example letter?
Old 02-01-2005, 12:42 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Hi Z Lawn Care,

Here is a quote from this post by Jim Lewis,

Quote:
Dear Customer, I am writing to let you know about our new rates for 2005. As a valued client, I hope you have enjoyed our service for over the past year and I hope I've met your expectations. If there's anything I've overlooked -- or anywhere I can improve -- please don't hesitate to let me know. I want to continue to build a business where value to my customers is my first priority.

In so doing, I've learned a lot over the past year and have learned that there are certain aspects of my business I need to improve on in order to improve our service. Things like liability insurance, more reliable equipment, and more training are things that not only help me improve and legitimize my business, but also help protect you and help me to be more knowledgable and reliable for you as well. But to make these changes, I can't continue to do work for the prices I charged last year. If I am going to run a professional company with real expenses, I am simply going to have to charge more. Hopefully, you will receive more in return.

So our new rates for 2005 will be $35 per cut. I know that's a sizable increase. And in addition to the things I mentioned above, we are going to upgrade your service as well! Our new service will include lawn fertilizer applications and in-lawn weed control.

We hope to continue to earn your business and we're looking forward to servicing your landscape again this year.

Sincerely.....