Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-02-2005, 03:09 PM
LawnSite Member

simple contract for lawn care only?

does anyone have a simple contract for lawn care only(mowing,trimming,blowing off). i have seen others but for what im doing they seem to be a little over kill. if you do please post one here or send to
wrigh097@bama.au.edu
Old 02-02-2005, 03:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

this might help. let me know if it does

Last edited by Eddie B; 09-11-2006 at 01:03 PM.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

that contract says nothing of collection fees, interest rates, late fees, etc. it adresses no issues concerning weather, scheduling, etc. it adresses no issues concerning obsticles left in the lawn, drought/rain policies, etc. i hate it
Old 02-02-2005, 04:02 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

The termination clause I didn't care for 30 days. Come on when things go bad its over the last thing you want to do is hang around after they have decided they wish you were dead or vise versa.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygedd
that contract says nothing of collection fees, interest rates, late fees, etc. it adresses no issues concerning weather, scheduling, etc. it adresses no issues concerning obsticles left in the lawn, drought/rain policies, etc. i hate it

Harsh lol, but to the point. I don't like the fact that you can actually cancel the contract after 30 days.......why would u want to give them that power.

"This topic has been beat deader then the already dead horse it road in on."
Old 02-02-2005, 04:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

That contract is not too bad.. just needs a few things added and be fine tuned. I like the "Transfer" part of it. I'll have to add that to mine next year.

establishing roots in the community... www.mdlawns.com
Old 02-02-2005, 05:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Transfer

I do like the transfer part....funny thing as I was thinking about addng it into m new contracts as I drove home today.....and I must of skipped it when I read it the first time here.

"This topic has been beat deader then the already dead horse it road in on."
Old 02-02-2005, 05:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Heres some "legal" stuff we use on Commercial Contracts on Simple resi I have a short list .... due date, late & a 30 day out clause .... I see no reason to NOT include a cancel clause .... as if they don't like my work I don't need em as I'll be chasing em for me $$

CONDITIONS OF AGREEMENT

Payment to FANTASY LAWNS INC. must reach the office 30 Days Net.
Payments AFTER this Date is subject to an 18% Late Charge.
Accounts Net 30 from Previous Billing Receive $ 25.00 Re Billing Fee

FANTASY LAWNS INC. RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISCONTINUE SERVICES IMMEDIATELY DUE TO LATE OR UNPAID BILLS.
THIS PROPOSAL CONTAINS PROPRIETARY AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION OF FANTASY LAWNS INC. AND SHALL NOT BE USED, DISCLOSED OR REPRODUCED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FOR ANY PURPOSE OTHER THAN TO EVALUATE THIS PROPOSAL, WITHOUT THE PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT OF FANTASY LAWNS INC. IN AND TO THIS DOCUMENT AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN REMAINS AT ALL TIMES IN FANTASY LAWNS INC.

FANTASY LAWNS INC. reserves the right to determine the exact day (s) and time (s) work will be performed, (unless specified in the Service Agreement).

EXCESSIVE RAIN OR STORM MAY DELAY NORMAL SERVICE DAY 24-36 HOURS.
FANTASY LAWNS INC. is NOT responsible to service areas which are “not assessable” due to lock gates, pets, children, work areas, debris in the work area, litter, lawn ornaments, vehicles, etc.
FANTASY LAWNS INC. will perform these services as an independent contractor and in a manner considered reasonable. It will provide labor and equipment to perform the work as outlined in the Statement of Work. Work will be performed in a safe, professional and expeditious manner; and it may employ assistants and subcontract for services. ALL Workers while on Median’s shall wear reflective Safety Vest.

FANTASY LAWNS INC. will NOT be responsible for damages due to improper installation of Irrigation pipe, wires, cable etc., which are not installed deeper than 3” below ground level near edging surfaces in beds or along cement edges, lack of “funny pipe” at Irrigation Heads.
FANTASY LAWNS INC. is NOT responsible for personal items left on the lawn or runaway pets.
FANTASY LAWNS INC. does NOT act as an agent of the Property- Management or Owner (s).
FANTASY LAWNS INC. will replace or pay for any damages (those reported with 72 hrs.) or injuries due by neglect or mowing service activity, directly related to FANTASY LAWNS INC. maintenance operation within a timely manner, irrigation damage repaired with 24-72 hours.

FANTASY LAWNS INC. is NOT responsible for delays caused by acts of God or events beyond its control, vandalism or improper operations of systems not under our maintenance (Irrigation).
Storm Damages and debris from acts of God (drought, hurricanes, heavy winds, tornadoes, freezes and other acts of nature) are not the responsibility of FANTASY LAWNS INC. An option, at extra charges, other than the designated monthly bill due to clean-ups, can be determined and given a written estimate to the customer. If the customer does not wish to pay these extra charges as described in the paragraph, owners may remove the debris themselves BEFORE the next service visit. Excessive litter or debris (Palm Fronds) MUST BE PICKED UP BEFORE SERICE MAY CONTINUE.

This is the entire agreement between FANTASY LAWNS INC. and Owner (s), and any prior agreements, understands, or terms are revoked by this agreement. The price is based on services described in the Service Agreement. Owner (s) agrees to negotiate a reasonable price adjustment with FANTASY LAWNS INC. for any changes in those services. Either party other than stated in this agreement has made no representation. No modifications of this agreement shall be valid unless in writing and approved by both parties.

If lawsuit or other proceeding arises from a dispute over any terms of this agreement or its performance, the losing party will pay the winning party all the cost it causes the winning party to incur, including reasonable attorney fees at any court level. If a court holds that any of its terms is invalid or unenforceable, the rest of the agreement will continue in full force and effect. Upon Cancellation Compensation for All Services will be pro-rated in conjunction with the work performed between First & Last Day of Service Agreement adjustments submitted with final bill.

" Think I'll Come Back Here ....... From
Time to Time ...... Every Now n' Then

Fantasy Lawns. Com
Old 02-02-2005, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Steve,

The worst part of that is you actually need all that writing and probably a little more. I have no idea how people work without contracts.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Starting this year, I put together a simple service agreement. It just spells out frequency of mowing, what will be done each visit, billing options, late fees, etc...

I think this will iron out some of the ridiculous requests I got over the past couple of seasons.