LawnSite Member

52" TurfTracer 23kaw vs 52" Wright Stander 23kaw

I cant decide between the two I need your opinions. Thanks Steve
Old 02-03-2005, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstate
I cant decide between the two I need your opinions. Thanks Steve
have had great experience with the wright stander, easy to manuver, low matinence, and an excellent cut. can't go wrong with the kawasaki motor.
i say go for the wright.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:10 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I don't have any personal experience with the TT, but I do own and run Wrights. I can tell you if you have yards that are broken up by beds, landscaping, walks, etc., you'll be amazed at the agility and speed of a Stander. They are even very efficient in larger, open areas as well. We have some yards with fairly undulating turf and slopes, and never have had any problems with scalping or traction. We use factory mulch kits and GrassGobbler baggers in the fall for helping with leaf removal.We increased our production by no less than 45-55% in just two months after switching to the Wrights. They are built really well, and are service friendly designed as well. As far as the engines, I have used Kawasaki engines on most everything now for going on five years, and have never had any problems with their engines.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:56 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

well, you want the honest opinion? im looking to get rid of my 52" stander for a 52" turf tracer. Yes, on compact lawns, the stander really does blow away a walk behind. It is phenomenally manuverable.

My issue is with cut... i have an exmark walk in adition to my stander. The exmark has a much better discharge patern. I currently have my wright dealer looking into speeding up my blades which im convinced will help alot. If i can get that done, then im certain ill keep the stander. Dont think that i dont like the stander, i do alot. It has increased productivity slightly while significantly reducing operator faituge(the big factor IMO). Demo them and see.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Mac that was my main concern as far as the Wright went, everyone seems to love the productivity of the stander but they say the blade tip speed isnt that great which leads to not doing so well in thick grass or opperation at high speeds. I appreciate your input, do you know the msrp on the 52 tt w/ 23 kaw? Thanks a lot steve
Old 02-03-2005, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Member

I've been debating wether to go TT or Stander myself. I like the wright because it comes in 42", but I have a feeling that the Stander's quality of cut doesn't quite compare on uneven terrain because of the fixed deck. Any opinions on this?

and does the wright machine mulch very well?
Old 02-04-2005, 11:21 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

dealer quoted me a lil over 6000 for a 23kaw/52 turf tracer. mspr is over 7k i think. beauty of the turf tracer is its availability for attachments. you can put a protero vac on it for the fall and in the winter hook up a RAD snow blower. cant do that with my wright.

there is absolutely no problem with the fixed deck scalping. That isnt the issue with the standers. The 42 wont have an issue with blade speed since its already at the 19000 limit.

if i ever do get an answer on speeding up the blades, rest assured that i will post it here. as i said, it has increased production and reduced fatigue... it just wont handle the discharge nearly as well as exmark in the thick turf.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:15 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

The stander is my choice. But the turf tracer is a nice machine.

48"/56" WALKER GHS 26hp EFI

Kubota B7500 Tractor with loader, blower, cab, box, aerator

F-350 Dump w/ plow and spreader

Brown BedEdger For Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalCreek
My favorite reason to own a walker, because it makes others jealous
Old 02-08-2005, 03:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have never used a TT, but I have used walkbehinds and I cannot see any advantage to choosing a one over a stander.
Old 02-08-2005, 04:55 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Make Sure you Have lots of Flat Areas & Don't Need to Change Height more than 1/2"....& Ask Yourself...Do I Really Want a 52" Fixed Deck?