Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-08-2005, 05:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Any one ever involed in DECA?

just wondering if anyonne here has ever been involed in DECA durring highschool or is an alumni member?.....i went to the National Conferance back in my senior year (99) in the Entrepreneurship participating event. i also served as an alumni member ....and this year i have been invited to judge at the state conferance and im pretty excited about it.

For all of you who are wondering what the heck DECA is....it is a Marketing competition where h.s. students compete in various events suh as, marketing, sales, entrepreneurship.....ect. for the event i competed in i had to write a business plan then meet with the judges (who where acting as loan officers at a bank)...and propose this plan to them to get a loan.
if you are wondering i did use my lawn care business which was allready up and running so i did have somewhat of an advantage....but so did a lot of the other participants

Eric Estes
Five Star Lawn Care LLC
Old 02-08-2005, 05:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Five Star,
I graduated in '99 and went to the convention in Orlando too. I was only in DECA my senior year and placed second in my state in the marketing division. I had a great time on that trip. Congratulations on being selected as a judge.

For any younger members who are looking for more knowledge to help them in any kind of business, DECA is a great start. Get involved in extra activities and definitely go to your local and state competitions and conventions.