Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-05-2005, 12:53 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

You're Fired!

I just had to say it publicly. I'm so glad I did it.

I fired Sprint PCS this week and swithed to Verizon wireless. Sprint PCS is responsible for the absolute worst customer service experience of my entire life. No other company has ever come anywhere close to their level of incompetence. Ridiculous waits in queue for telephone support. Ridiculous waits in line at the Sprint store. Almost always dealing with an FNG (friggin' new guy), whether ar their store or on the phone, who didn't know their service well enough to be dealing with customers. Couple that with their pathetic service (dropped calls while I'm not even driving...voice mails pop up, but the phone never rang...voice mail icon on phone always indicated a new voice mail whether there was one or not...poor sound quality) and it was just a joke.

I think I'm going to be a lot happier with Verizon wireless. The voice quality is a lot better. It almost sounds like the PSTN (wired phones). It costs a little more, but it's worth it.

Later,
DFW Area Landscaper
Old 02-05-2005, 01:05 PM
LawnSite Member

t-mobile

t-mobile here, 5000 anytime minutes, including long distance 99 bucks, cant beat it
Toro G3 60 with 34 kaw
Toro 52 Z Master with 30 kohler
Toro 52 Z Master with 28 Kaw
Toro 32 inch
Toro 37 inch
Walker 20 hp with 42 inch deck
Walker 26 efi with 42 inch deck
Sthil weedeaters.edger, 3 Blowers 770 , chainsaws, hedgetrimmer
2008 F-250
2006 F-350 4x4

Last edited by Brianj; 02-05-2005 at 01:06 PM. Reason: spell
Old 02-05-2005, 01:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We used to get better plans north of the border when competition was hot but now we have our 3 main carriers and one smaller one. I'm on Mike (Telus) which is the same as Nextel for my business phones to use the direct connect radio's. My personal is Bell who I don't remember who they have in the states for my personal. As long as you ***** them out enough you're ok lol.

"This topic has been beat deader then the already dead horse it road in on."
Old 02-05-2005, 01:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I used to use Verizon. Never had any problems. We're on Nextel now. So many of my friends, other LCO's and supply places use them it just saves minutes using the PTT. Of course now other companies have the PTT feature.
Old 02-05-2005, 01:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I have been with Verizon for about 12 years now all the way back to when it was owned by someone else,I pay $49.95 for unlimited monthly calls.They ran that special here for about a month and thats it the only draw back is I can never switch plans and go back to it and no nation wide calls included in my plan they really get you on the roaming charges.

www.luxurylawninc.com

http://www.facebook.com/#!/LarryN828
Old 02-05-2005, 04:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW Area Landscaper
I just had to say it publicly. I'm so glad I did it.

I fired Sprint PCS this week and swithed to Verizon wireless. Sprint PCS is responsible for the absolute worst customer service experience of my entire life. No other company has ever come anywhere close to their level of incompetence. Ridiculous waits in queue for telephone support. Ridiculous waits in line at the Sprint store. Almost always dealing with an FNG (friggin' new guy), whether ar their store or on the phone, who didn't know their service well enough to be dealing with customers. Couple that with their pathetic service (dropped calls while I'm not even driving...voice mails pop up, but the phone never rang...voice mail icon on phone always indicated a new voice mail whether there was one or not...poor sound quality) and it was just a joke.

I think I'm going to be a lot happier with Verizon wireless. The voice quality is a lot better. It almost sounds like the PSTN (wired phones). It costs a little more, but it's worth it.

Later,
DFW Area Landscaper

I work at Radio Shack here in Delaware and we sell Sprint and Verizon. In this area, Sprint is truely a better service and they have greatly improved their network with the new phones and service. Also with the new Sprint plans you don't get raped for going over your minutes. As far as coverage, it does depend on the area you are in. Verizon has better overall coverage. Sprint offers "walkie talkie" service which works far better than Nextel's analog service. Sprint and Nextel will be merging in a year or two and you will be able to "walkie talkie" between both services. I'll be looking forward to that. I do hate Sprint's customer service, and this is something they need to improve. Waiting in queue takes too long, and having to call 4 times to have your address changed because they can't spell is just rediculous. Hope you enjoy Verizon, as we haven't had any customers complain about their service either.
Old 02-05-2005, 05:09 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

give me analog anyday

digital is much worse.

with analog you get a little static when having poor reception. with digital you loose segments. they are just not there.

the onlt reason companies push digital is becuase they can carry 10X the volume on the same bandwidth.
bobcat T200
way too much other crap
Old 02-05-2005, 05:41 PM
LawnSite Member

I have Nextel and so do all of my buds i sove it a little pricy but u cant beat the walkie talkie
2004 Dixie chopper 60in 32hp xtreme
??yr 48in ferris hydro drive
2003 snapper 32in belt drive
stihl hedge trimmer
stihl 420mag backpack blower
stihil pole saw
stihil 80 trimmer
18 ft trailer
2004 case 70xt skid loader
Old 02-05-2005, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Unlimited Plan for me!

$45 inc. tax, caller id etc..

Unlimited local calling..
Old 02-09-2005, 06:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I use nextel as well. I have the unlimited incoming calls (80 percent of my calls are incoming) plan. Unlimited Direct connect. I had sprint, hated it. Now they are merging with nextel. Too bad you can't walkie talkie between carriers now. Nextel is merging because that day is coming and most people have nextel mostly for the Walkie talkie feature.
Greensboro NC