Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-07-2005, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Contract ? Not looking for examples

I was wondering how others get their contracts to their customers. Last couple of years I went door to door and filled out the information on two separate sheets. One was their copy, one was mine. Does anyone use carbon copies?? I was thinking about switching to this so that they have a true copy, and save some time, but don't have a clue where to have them made. Any ideas?

Do others just mail them out? I would think most customers enjoy the one to one communication. I am tempted in doing this since I've had the same customers for years.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

There are plenty of placees to have contracts made. Kinko's will make them fairly inexpensive, but if you search around on the internet you can find better deals. I would suggest that if you have carbon copys made that you have at least 3 layers. You may not need it, but it looks more professional. Someone had a good article about that some where on here.
“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victor nor defeat.”

-Theodore Roosevelt
Old 02-07-2005, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I use the 3-part type. I do the estimate, leave 2 copies for them, keep one for myself. Then when they sign up they can send back one copy and still have a copy for their records.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'll probably go with the carbon copies. Keep one, mail 2 to them, and have them send one back if they want services.

About how much should i expect something like this to cost?? Not sure where the local kinkos are, I'll try a Staples.
Old 02-08-2005, 01:37 AM
LawnSite Member

Pick up a dot matrix printer and a box of 3 part forms. Keep page three for your records when you do an estimate and leave pg 1&2. Always get page 1 back because it copies and faxes better if needed later.

spray truck for sale http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=366891
Old 02-08-2005, 01:37 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I don't use contracts until after one season the customers has been with me. I know that it may be a gamble, but it doesn't pressure the customer into anything and it gives me time to build trust with them before I give them the paperwork

I usually just give them an estimate to start out with that they sign to agree on the price, nothing more.