Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-09-2005, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Join the local chamber of commerce! No Lie. For small businesses, chamber dues are probably around $200-$300. This puts you (typically) in a mailer sent to all new homeowners when they buy there home, allows you to network with local businesses, gives you an air of legitimacy and a great place to start networking. Remember, word of mouth is your best advertising and allowing local businesses to spread the word for you is a good start. All of us have to buy supplies somewheres, ask a manager at your local garden center if they'd mind your leaving some fliers/business cards. Do you work out of the home or a commercialy zoned property. Find out your local sign ordinances and get yourself a kick ass sign. Also, graphics for your co. vehicles
Old 02-09-2005, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Always have to watch what you say, thanks I will change my cards.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I mastered my marketing technque this year, For just shy of 700.00..
That includes a 30 day business display ad in paper, and features in three community papers,250 mail outs,2000 cards. I hope to get at least 250 jobs out of my marketing tech. I thought long and hard, and spent many nights getting my tech ready for the middle of march-june. I will continue these tech's until my 55-60 client base is complete. Not to mansion the one shot jobs from these tech's I'll get. These work well in the NJ area, there's alway someone looking for the cutting edge work for fair rates. I have high hopes for the 2005 season. I will force these hopes into reality with the certain techs I've figured. Hope you develop the esteem to develop your own tech's.
1500 should be thrown out there in increments..of 750 each
Old 02-09-2005, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

where

i would love to know where you are getting the flyer's from i can get 4000 for a little over 100 and have them put in the paper for 58 bucks a 1000 thats only about 350 bucks and i can run an ad for 3.00 bucks a day a little over 100 bucks a month and i can also run an ad on tv for 50 a month with 1500 smackers i could advertise all season long
Old 02-09-2005, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd's lawncare
i would love to know where you are getting the flyer's from i can get 4000 for a little over 100 and have them put in the paper for 58 bucks a 1000 thats only about 350 bucks and i can run an ad for 3.00 bucks a day a little over 100 bucks a month and i can also run an ad on tv for 50 a month with 1500 smackers i could advertise all season long
good one!!!!!
Old 02-10-2005, 12:14 AM
LawnSite Member

Lots of good info, thanks. I do have 1000 cards (in print). I will be having a card size ad in a county paper starting in two weeks. It will run each Wed. for the next 8 weeks. I have letters going out to all my local realtors and property managers. In mid March I will put a larger (4x4) ad in the same paper for 14 days or I will put 3000 (BW on Yellow) flyer inserts in the same paper (depending on what one is cheaper). I plan to put out 3-5000 door hangers/flyers mid March-April 1st. I will follow up with the realtors and property managers with an in person visit and at that time had them a full color brochure with cards. The flyers will offer 20% off service over $200 or Free gutter cleaning upon completion of seasonal LC. I will also be using mag. Signs on my van that look like my cards.

What do you think? Any other idea for the flyers that would attract callers?

Do you think this could bring in 30-50 for the season?

Thanks
Shane
Old 02-10-2005, 05:46 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I would go to www.designoutpost.com and have a designer make you something professional....either door hanger or flyer. Then go to www.48hourprint.com to have them printed. For roughly $1500 you could have 15,000 professional, double-sided large doorhangers or 25,000 single-sided flyers made....both with a gloss finish. Grant it, it would be better to get the flyers since you could get so many more. Also, this will take longer than 2 weeks, but not much longer. 48hour print only too 10 days from start to finish for my 30,000 flyers I just made.

let us know what happens
Matt

www.progressivelawn.com
www.wichitalawnmowing.com
www.partybuswichitaks.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
- Aristotle

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
- Leonardo da Vinci
Old 02-10-2005, 09:18 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

the best advice is as walker gave it. for you guys discussing the +/- 30 cents for the price of color copies, the cost break-out through 48hourprint for their single-sided, full color glossy flyers is:
2,000 $275 (13.8 cents per and the cost plummets the more you buy)
3,000 $325
4,000 $375
5,000 $425 (8.5 cents)

double-sided are approx $100 more than the above numbers.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks

Shane
Old 02-12-2005, 07:47 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grass-scapes
I sure would like to know where you can get color copies for $.30 . I can't get a color copy for anything less than$.69 per page, and thats with 300 copies
That's way too much!! At 48hourprint you can get 1000 copies for $225....that's only twenty-two and 1/2 cents per copy + shipping. The more you buy the cheaper they are. I only paid .055 cents per copy...that's five and a half cents for double-sided, full color, glossy prints.

www.progressivelawn.com
www.wichitalawnmowing.com
www.partybuswichitaks.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
- Aristotle

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
- Leonardo da Vinci