Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-10-2005, 01:04 PM
LawnSite Member

That's funny...looks just like the excel sheet I have been sending out for months now. It amazes me how similar it looks...but oh that's right, you created it...sorry! LOL!!! If it's credit you need, I'll let you have the next one too.....CaptainDing

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=90976
Old 02-10-2005, 01:12 PM
LawnSite Member

First of all, CaptainDing, I mentioned that I used a previous post and NEBS as a reference point and if you recall all anyone could do was 'look' at yours. In an attempt to get some further feedback to my question I offered up mine in excel or word so someone could actually use it. Believe me you can have any and all credit I was just hoping to my questions answered.

I think I will go back to just reading the threads rather than posting. I was hoping to get some insight from members on this site. Sorry to have bothered anyone.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:18 PM
LawnSite Member

If you would read the entire post on mine to begin with you would have seen it was an excel file to begin with.

Hello to all! I have been browsing this site for some time and have learned from some really good people on this site. I am just in the starting stages of beginning a lawn care business and wanted to make sure I have everything right before I get into something without all my ducks in a row. Went down and got my business license, getting quotes for vehicle and equipment insurance, getting quotes for liability insurance, getting info for taxes, and want to talk to an accountant. Haven't started yet and wont until I am legal..to much to risk...and way to much bashing from members on this site. I just want to get it right hopefully the first time. I am 3 years from retiring from the fire service after 33 long years and want something to do when I retire. I purchased a 7x14 14000lb hydraulic dump trailer and soon hope to get a tractor. I want to do driveways, building pads, field mowing, brush removal, tilling, aeration, mulch delivery, dirt delivery, some residential mowing (with a mower not the tractor) and whatever other work I can get with the tractor and mower. I will be going solo except for the little lady will be helping too. Anyway, now that you know where I am coming from, I made something in excel that maybe some of you might be able to use. I think I have most of the bugs worked out but am not sure. It is an estimate sheet that is based on a sheet that I saw Gatorland Care says he is using made by Nebs. I think the one he is using is just printed out on carbon less paper and you fill it in by hand. I wanted something easier so I made a sheet using excel. You can fill all the info in using your computer. It is customizable to your needs and tax rate. You can enter the quantity and the price and it will figure it out for you without having to add in your head. In the Labor section you can put in your hourly rates and amount of hours and it will figure it out. The only thing I am unsure of is.....Is labor, delivery, or equipment charge taxable? Maybe someone can help me out on this. If anyone is interested in it give me a shout and I will be glad to pass it on to you. It's my way of saying thank you for all I have learned on this site. Seems like it might do some people good but it might also be too generic for others. Well thanks again and please let me know if Labor, Delivery charges, and Equipment charges are taxable items that I charge to a customer......Thanks CaptainDing
Old 02-10-2005, 01:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

WWAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

cry babies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go get your bottle................
VOTED #1 in Snow Plowing Service
Complaint FREE Award Winner Lawn Care & Landscape
Old 02-10-2005, 02:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Kipcom...you're absolutely right! I should be ashamed...whinning like a two year old. Anyway brought some drama to my day...must have woke up under the bed Sorry guys!
Old 02-10-2005, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Kris,
email me the form in word and I will try to get it on one sheet. If I cannot, we have computer whiz kids at the school that probably can do it.
markfothe@msn.com
Mark
Old 02-11-2005, 10:55 AM
LawnSite Member

Sorry

Sorry Carriage House

My Eyes must be failing
Old 02-11-2005, 03:34 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Hi Carriage House,

Thanks for sharing your business form.