Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-09-2005, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Member

name feedback please

I need to come up with a new name and was wondering what you guys thought of the following.

Innovative Landscape Design
Innovative Landscape Services
Innovative Landscaping Services
Innovative Landscaping Concepts
or other similar variations.

What do you think about the word Innovative in general? Iím working with a local advertiser and she said she really didnít think innovative fit for a landscaping company. Iím looking for something a little different and Iíd like to sound at least semi high end as I want people to think of me more so for landscaping than mowing, I can always get more mowing costumers so thatís not to much of a concern with the name.

I had picked Creative Landscape design but at the last minute I found out someone around here is using a similar name unregistered of course and Iíve been told they have a bad reputation.

Any help, comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 02-09-2005, 08:43 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

"Innovative Landscape Services" because it's all-inclusive.
Old 02-09-2005, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I like #2 as well. I cant see anything wrong with using the word "innovative". In fact I think it sounds cool.
Old 02-09-2005, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Innovative Landscape Services - like you other guys !
Old 02-09-2005, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Any help, comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry Billpa, I guess I'm the odd man out, none of these names really "speak" to me. They just seem like a drawn out way of trying to describe yourself. Two things kind of stuck with me when I was trying to come up with a name: Marketing prof. suggested it was better to stick with short two word names, I guess to make it more impressionable, quicker to the customer. Innovative Landscape Services just seems IMO to long. Thing two I like to do is take the name I kind of like, in this case innovative, open up word doc. type it in, highlight it, then go to tools and the thesaurus feature, it can lead you down many paths in relation to the original word.
I'm not saying its terrible, but you should try and bear in mind the "importance" of a name and how it reflects your business. Just my .02

Good Luck

-Geoff
Old 02-09-2005, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Green pro,
Iím not totally sold on innovative yet either. I did try using a thesaurus, Iím not sure but that may be how I came up with that word in the first place. Thanks for the suggestions and comments, the good and bad thatís why Iím here.

I agree that services is better in that it does imply that I offer a broader range of services. What if you disregard this fact since Iím hoping to move more and more toward the landscape end of things? It seems as if your cut is quality you can pick up all the lawns you need in this area so Iím not as concerned about that as some may be in different markets since I should have all the grass I want by the end of year or next. With that in mind do you think innovative landscape design sounds a little off? I did a search and came up with a few in the country as with any name I searched, anyway point being I know some use it but Iím not sure about it.

Thanks guys