Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-10-2007, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Exchanging Links

I would like to exchange links with a few landscape and/or lawn care sites.
I do both.
My site is a PR4. Some of my search terms are 1st postion 1st page on google with search results 1.5 million to 4.5 million.

As long your site is in this business or related I will consider a link exchange.

Since I get 99% of my business from my website if the link exchange has any negative affects on my site I'll have to remove them but I will let anybody who links with me know first.

With the changes Google made last year I want to strengthen my position for the future changes I believe are coming.

Thanks
Old 01-10-2007, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Troll View Post
I would like to exchange links with a few landscape and/or lawn care sites.
I do both.
My site is a PR4. Some of my search terms are 1st postion 1st page on google with search results 1.5 million to 4.5 million.

As long your site is in this business or related I will consider a link exchange.

Since I get 99% of my business from my website if the link exchange has any negative affects on my site I'll have to remove them but I will let anybody who links with me know first.

With the changes Google made last year I want to strengthen my position for the future changes I believe are coming.

Thanks
I think Google knocks you down if you are a link farm.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Member

links

I have a landscape site. I understand the concept of a link farm. If you think that this makes a link farm Ok
I definitely wouldn't want to do anything that might move my site down on the page as I said I get almost all my business from the net.
Thanks for taking the time to reply though
Old 01-11-2007, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Just watch what you do with the links. If they are relevant to the content you can both win.
Example: You have a paragraph about say "hydromulch" but another site has a great page with lots of info & pictures about it, you can link to that page from your paragraph and if the other site needs to link to your page about the benefits of mulching or Belgian blocks they link back and it's very good for both of you because the little robots find similar content when they follow the links.

Just make sure there is a relevance for the links and not just a page with 60 links on it for no apparent reason.

(This is just a rough example, there's many ways to do it, just keep it relevant and reciprocal ...and some say it's FAR better if you are not using the same hosting company... there is some various opinions on the point but some say they usually don't give much "weight" to links from the same range of IP addresses and hosts tend to buy IP addresses by "blocks" in the same range)
Old 01-12-2007, 01:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Found them

I found enough after looking at TEAM GREENS links page (thanks)so I picked 6 for reciprocal links that had PR's of 3 & 4 the one who had a PR of 5 I had to call because they weren't using the link manager anymore.

topsites , Thanks for your suggestions, input and taking the time to talk to me in 2005.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Troll View Post
I found enough after looking at TEAM GREENS links page (thanks)so I picked 6 for reciprocal links that had PR's of 3 & 4 the one who had a PR of 5 I had to call because they weren't using the link manager anymore.

topsites , Thanks for your suggestions, input and taking the time to talk to me in 2005.
You're welcome!