The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-25-2006, 01:23 AM
LawnSite Member

What is your web address?
Old 10-21-2006, 02:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The main problem here is frames...

I noticed the top portion didn't look right, thou after I zoomed out with the mousewheel, it all finally came into view.

So get rid of the frame first, that is:
http://www.creativelawncaresolutions.com/services.htm

For the menu, the graphics sure take a bit to load...
To get a buttonized effect without graphics, consider this:

(colors can be adjusted, lime is a color)
HTML Code:
<head><style type="text/css">
#links {list-style: none;}

#links li {
border: 2px outset lime;
width: 92px;
text-align:center;
}

#links a{
padding: 2px;
display: block;
width: 99%;
color: lime;
text-decoration: none;
}

#links a:hover{
background-color: #00AE00;
}
</style>
</head><body>

<ul id="links">
<li style="background-color:teal"><font color="lime">Main Page</font></li>
<li><a href="about.html" style="text-decoration: none"><font color="lime">About</font></a></li>
<li><a href="services.html" style="text-decoration: none"><font color="lime">Services</font></a></li>
<li><a href="links.html" style="text-decoration: none"><font color="lime">Links</font></a></li>
<li><a href="estimates.html" style="text-decoration: none"><font color="lime">Estimates</font></a></li>
<li><a href="specials.html" style="text-decoration: none"><font color="lime">Specials</font></a></li>
<li><a href="specifics.html" style="text-decoration: none"><font color="lime">Specifics</font></a></li>
<li><a href="contact.html" style="text-decoration: none"><font color="lime">Contact</font></a></li></ul>
Old 11-16-2006, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Member

Smitty58

Looks good. Just remember the more info you place on your site, like links, keywords and Pictures, then you will get more hits. Have your web master check you site out useing Fire Fox, I used Fire Fox and can only see 1/3 of you top menu but when I use IE 7.0 I can see all of it.
Attached Images

Last edited by iakentdoz; 11-16-2006 at 12:32 AM.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It looks like there might be a menu, but I can't tell.

There's less than 1/16" of some thin horizontal field that looks like there might be some chopped-off menu buttons.

If that's the case, the Web Designer probably won't want the name displayed on the bottom until it's fixed.

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

http://www.lawnsite.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9938&dateline=1262369890
Old 11-27-2006, 12:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Looks the same to me but my main concern is
(a) the web site doesn't SAY anything...sure you are cool and have a video of some people barbecuing but it doesn't say why I need you to give me that.
The animated fence with the cool shadow "Creative" in the background is great graphics, but I can get a fence that looks like that for less somewhere else can't I? You don't tell me why I should buy that fence from you! A cool graphic alone doesn't sell.
(b) The main thing that worried me was your home page (with the chopped off buttons) took almost 25 seconds to fully load, and I bet I have faster Internet than 99.9% of the people here, using it all day every day I pay for premium "super-fast" business connections. Not bragging that just means ANY web site normally just "pops up" for me, no waiting at all. If it took that long for me it could take minutes for other people. You definitely need a better server/host if this morning they weren't having some unusual problems.
(c) Just an example, what I guess is the contact page (can't read the buttons) has cool rotating text I couldn't read without knowing what it said already, I guarantee my widowed 87 year-old mother (who surfs daily and can no longer do her own lawn which is larger than mine-your type potential customer it seems) could only see a blur...but worse, all this fancy-pants stuff for a way cool web site then smack in the middle of that page you use a @yahoo.com e-mail!!!
The most unprofessional thing you can do!
Why not info@creativelawncaresolutions.com or whatever? ANYTHING that ends in @creativelawncaresolutions.com

NO PROFESSIONAL business uses yahoo, gmail, hotmail, etc. if you have a web site and it doesn't have e-mail that ends in @yoursite.com then you just told the world you are not a professional company. No exceptions, no if, ands, or buts, that's a fact...get that fixed while you are getting the buttons and stuff fixed. ALL hosting comes with numerous @yoursite.com e-mail accounts at no extra charge.
Re: See a post I made in another thread about why "Image Is Everything" and a yahoo e-mail blows all the cool stuff on that site down the toilet even if everything else was fixed.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

reaves.us

What do you think...Kool... NOT...
I could use some ideas. I do not want to offer all of these services on the site, but rather keep the pages to a minimum, correct picture sizes, quick load time, a wat for prospects to get in touch and keep it as easy as possible to make a primary contact/ appointment. Make sense??

No hurry, but I liked your general preferences and would like to hear your view. This is a young industry that has a TON of people wanting to get on the web. For me, I have a very local base and don't need national exposure, but they are loyal and are getting on the web more by the day...young and old.

Thanks,
N
Old 01-12-2007, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 man crew View Post
I know 20 other companies that service that lawn!
LOL...Ouch
Old 01-12-2007, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic lawn care View Post
LOL...Ouch
Are implying that when companies in an area are using the same template instead of original disigns, that homeowners will visit several sites and see the same home?

It never really came to mind until I read you comment - if that's what you were implying.

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

http://www.lawnsite.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9938&dateline=1262369890
Old 01-12-2007, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I know everybody thinks it's kind of basic. But I like the simplicity. Moving pics are nice. Did someone do it for you or is it a do-it-yourself?

Ford F150 XL Truck 1998
6 x 10 Trailrite Trailer w/ramp
Husqvarna MZT 52 mower
Big Dog C142 mower
RedMax BCZ2401S Trimmer
Stihl FS-55-T Trimmer
Husqvarna 570BTS Backpack blower
Husqvarna 445 Chain Saw
Redmax HB280 hand held blower
Echo HC-150 gas hedge trimmer
Jungle Jack
Wright Grass Gobbler
Arien's dual stage 625E snowthrower

Old 01-13-2007, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yah it looks basic and simple, I've seen some more creative, but they probly know more about it. I know I could do the same if not worse then what you did. And if you're happy with that design go with it, just add little by little once you learn how, and if you feel the need to.

2008 GMC 1500 SLE 4x4 Z71 Ext. Cab
2001 Ford Focus
I retired from mowing lawns