Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-30-2005, 03:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

can you show us some pics with all your equipment on them. Those trucks look good. How is the 32" and 2 21" working out on your lawns.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:08 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks. I will get some pics taken with all the equipment loaded.

Everything is working great with the setup we have. We service some larger accounts (for DFW) that have big back yards (1 acre lot) that are gated and the only thing to get in is a 32" deck. Most lots we service are small lots so it's nice to also have 2 21" decks on the truck for a 2 man crew.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Good looking trucks!!!!!

How do you like them so far? Must be many pro's and some con's to them.

Can you still use a frame mounted hitch for pulling a trailer or does the extended bed and dovetail get in the way?
Old 04-01-2005, 10:13 AM
LawnSite Member

Have not had any problems with the trucks and beds so far. A 32" mower can seem a bit heavy trying to bring it down off the bed...but it's just a matter of using the brakes and not scraping the bottom on the way down.

Not sure about the ability to also use a frame mounted hitch.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I really like that setup. What an effecient use of space. That would be the perfect setup for doing small residential setups. Great looking setup.
“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victor nor defeat.”

-Theodore Roosevelt
Old 04-01-2005, 05:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Ant Knee,

How long did it take them to put that bed on? Is this something I could drive down and have it done and get back with in a few days? Are these bed pre-made or do they make them on the spot?
Old 04-02-2005, 06:11 PM
LawnSite Member

The Dude,

It took them about a week or so to have them made but that was because it was in the middle of their busy season. If you called them and set something up they would probably be able to accommodate. If they new what type of truck you were putting these on and what you wanted they could fabricate them before hand.

PM me and I can get you there contact info. Of course I'm not sure if I have PM capabilities just yet but I'm working on it.
Old 04-02-2005, 06:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks drsogr. Of course you know both my parents graduated from Mizzou and I went there my freshman year...so that might change your answer. Just kidding. I still remember parts of the Tiger fight song and alma mater even though a graduated from UNT.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:26 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant_Knee
Thanks drsogr. Of course you know both my parents graduated from Mizzou and I went there my freshman year...so that might change your answer. Just kidding. I still remember parts of the Tiger fight song and alma mater even though a graduated from UNT.

Naw.....I am not a mizzou hater. I just can't stand Quin Snyder! You guys should have fired him already!
“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victor nor defeat.”

-Theodore Roosevelt
Old 04-08-2005, 01:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Loaded and during a work day...