Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-08-2005, 01:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Another angle....

Old 04-08-2005, 01:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for showing us the pic i have been waiting for them. It shows how much room the truck has when i can see equipment on it. Looks really really good actually better then a trailer. How is the snapper b/c most people dont talk about them much and what do they cost. Are you going to put your name on the trucks? Which mower do u use on a .25 acre or less lot. Can u use that snapper when the grass is wet like after a rain.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Actually the snapper ended up in that picture because the client had watered their grass earlier that morning and with the fear of leaving big tracks in the lawn my crew decided to use the 2 hondas instead of the snapper.

Snapper has been great for us. It's not a dual hydro and both the Wright representative and the Snapper rep. advised me not to put a sulky on it...well after I got on the sulky at the dealer and whipped around the lot a couple of times they were amazed at how well it turned. I made such an impression they sold one to the guy in the parking lot that was walking out with just the same snapper.

I will put some type of signage on the vehicle but not sure just yet.

My guys will use the snapper as much as they possibly can. It takes a ton of time off their schedule. If they can squeeze it around the lawn, they will use it.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Ant - Nice trucks. Do they have the V6 in them? How many accounts do you service? Do you have a similar business model as TJ, low overhead and budget price mowing?

Thanks.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have been looking for a late model dakota with a I-4 that has been totaled from a t-boning in the bed area or a hard rear end colision, I want to cut the bed off of it, and chop the frame off about 12" behind the cab and build a solid 2"x5" tube frame that extends out 10', go with a stock drive axle and have a drop idler axle behind that, then buy a 6x12 landscape trailer and cut the suspention off of it and the tounge too and bolt it to the chassis, extend the ramp gate 2-3' and BAM instant <$5k lawn care truck that is capable of getting 20+ mPG and can still haul 2 52" ztr's or whatever I can load on the back, it is one less set of tires, one less license plate I have to buy, one less trailer I have to insure
Old 04-11-2005, 08:16 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolinaround
I have been looking for a late model dakota with a I-4 that has been totaled from a t-boning in the bed area or a hard rear end colision, I want to cut the bed off of it, and chop the frame off about 12" behind the cab and build a solid 2"x5" tube frame that extends out 10', go with a stock drive axle and have a drop idler axle behind that, then buy a 6x12 landscape trailer and cut the suspention off of it and the tounge too and bolt it to the chassis, extend the ramp gate 2-3' and BAM instant <$5k lawn care truck that is capable of getting 20+ mPG and can still haul 2 52" ztr's or whatever I can load on the back, it is one less set of tires, one less license plate I have to buy, one less trailer I have to insure
Are you adding another axel? A dakota can't handle 3,000 lbs in the back (stock atleast).
Old 04-11-2005, 12:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Alarsh,

the trucks are V6. We have enough accounts to keep our trucks busy and continue to add about 10 new accounts a week. We run tight overhead. I was an auditor for a big 4 accounting firm before doing lawn maintenance. We have a good mix of small residential clients and larger residential clients. Our main push is the small residential clients but we fit in the larger accounts as well.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALarsh
Are you adding another axel? A dakota can't handle 3,000 lbs in the back (stock atleast).
yes, adding a second drop axle on airbags like a dump truck
Old 09-24-2006, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone know why I cannot see Ant Knee's pictures in his posts???????

At the time this Ant knee posted pictures on this thread I was able to view them and several others.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nt1
Anyone know why I cannot see Ant Knee's pictures in his posts???????

At the time this Ant knee posted pictures on this thread I was able to view them and several others.
Can anyone else view Ant knees pictures?

All I can see is a RED X.