Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-15-2005, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Prices have gone up so Scag, Chopper, or ExMark?

With the price of steel having gone up, I am gettiing price quotes on the Scag Tiger Cub that is $700 more than last years model with the same accessories. What would be the comparable mower in the Dixie Chopper Line and ExMark and which one is built as solid as Scag yet cuts as good if not better? Lastly, has any one bought one of these comparable mowers this year so I can compare prices? All information is welcomed and appreciated.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would go with the Ex-mark. It comparable to scag but you want to make sure that there are grease surts on the blade spindles I replaces all three on my boss mower after 400 hours barrings went bad. Thats why I prefer the scag. Scag has some really good financing i would buy anything else but a scag but if i had to i would go with the Ex-mark.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Which has a better cut and a better value money-wise, the Scag, ExMark, or Chopper?
Old 02-15-2005, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Mloolara, I have a Chopper for sale if you want to pm me I will provide the details.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Lawn
I would go with the Ex-mark. It comparable to scag but you want to make sure that there are grease surts on the blade spindles I replaces all three on my boss mower after 400 hours barrings went bad. Thats why I prefer the scag. Scag has some really good financing i would buy anything else but a scag but if i had to i would go with the Ex-mark.
Are you talking about grease zerks ?
Old 02-16-2005, 06:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Consider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mloolara
With the price of steel having gone up, I am gettiing price quotes on the Scag Tiger Cub that is $700 more than last years model with the same accessories. What would be the comparable mower in the Dixie Chopper Line and ExMark and which one is built as solid as Scag yet cuts as good if not better? Lastly, has any one bought one of these comparable mowers this year so I can compare prices? All information is welcomed and appreciated.

Might want to consider a HUSTLER SUPER Z ,they are price compatable and in my opinion as good as the ones you mentioned.....FASTEST OF FAST ZZZZZZZZZZ ALL THE WAY
Old 02-16-2005, 07:50 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

A Dixie Chopper that would compare to the Scag tiger Cub would be a Coatesville Classic. I'm sure the Dixie Chopper wouls cut as good if not a little better than the Scag but so would the Exmark. I would say you could get Dixie for a little less than an Exmark.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:11 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mloolara
With the price of steel having gone up, I am gettiing price quotes on the Scag Tiger Cub that is $700 more than last years model with the same accessories.
The increase in the price of steel (around 7 or 8% I heard) doesn't warrant a $700 increase in the mower IMO.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:14 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

We sell Grasshopper and Gravely. Neither one have raised prices anywhere close to that $700.00 figure. For our brands, $200.00 - $500.00, depending on model, is more the range.