Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-17-2005, 09:43 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

sorry to veer a bit off course, but JustGeorge can't PM yet.

JustGeorge:
Whereabout are you located and what's your service area (I'm in Dayton)? Besides the lco, I also own an exterior remodeling company and am always looking to add partner companies to my referral list for services we don't provide. just shoot me an email through my site at caexteriors.com thanks.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

For those of you that have changed your names, how long were you in business before the change?
Old 02-23-2005, 12:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Henry

I have been in the business for about 5 years commercially. Many more years before that cutting around the neighborhood. If i would have thought about this new name many years ago i would not have changed. I dont have a bad reputation and need to change it, it seems to work just fine, but i just wanted something with some more pizzaz like i mentioned earlier. And i thought that if i want to sell the business in a few years, then the name will be a little more appealing.

Eric
Old 02-23-2005, 12:36 PM
LawnSite Member

New logo-what do you think

Here are a couple of logos that i came up with. I know many said that my new name would lend itself to many opportunities, but i did not get any examples/ suggestions.
Let me know what you think. What should be changed?? colors??

Thanks
Eric

For my other logo check out this thread
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=96684
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2005, 01:32 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

No offense, but $100 on designoutpost.com will go a long way. It's a very cheap price for such a professional looking logo.

www.progressivelawn.com
www.wichitalawnmowing.com
www.partybuswichitaks.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
- Aristotle

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
- Leonardo da Vinci
Old 02-23-2005, 02:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply

I am looking into maybe having something done at that designoutpost. I have visited the site a few times to see their work. Looks pretty good.
Thanks
Eric
Old 02-23-2005, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VnDrWLawnCare
Decided to change the name of my business today, went to the county and got it all taken care of. Thought i could use a little more pizzaz in the name. I changed it from Eric's Lawn Care, to Picture Perfect Lawns. I wanted a name that really backed up my work. I want people to say -that is a PICTURE PERFECT LAWN, not a ERIC LAWN. The name just has a lot more "catch" to it. I have a lot of work ahead to change over business cards, send letters to customers, etc.

Eric

Great thinking....a lot people should think like you!!! i am tired of the "george's fluff and buff" or the "linda's pawn shop".....

i saw this after i replied to your logo thread. tony is right. just go there in person. much better.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I like the new name. But what other people DONT think about is... Some people feel more confterbale with dealing with "erics lawn care" when looking in the yellowpages, because then they feel like they are dealing with the direct owner, even if they are dealing with the owner at picutre perfect lawn, they feel like they know your personally better.

I, myself, like names like "Three C's", "Premier Lancscaping", and I like names that are their lastname then "Landscaping". If my name wasnt so long and hard to pronounce I would consider it. Ive often thought of making up a lastname and useing that for my business. Something like "cooks landscaping"
Old 02-23-2005, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PremierLandscaping
I like the new name. But what other people DONT think about is... Some people feel more confterbale with dealing with "erics lawn care" when looking in the yellowpages
while it's hard to disagree with this, i'd counter it with... while it's great to do this if you have a business that provides self-employment, it doesn't lend itself to a business that's trying to grow into a business of tangible value. ie, where an actual exit strategy is involved.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek
while it's hard to disagree with this, i'd counter it with... while it's great to do this if you have a business that provides self-employment, it doesn't lend itself to a business that's trying to grow into a business of tangible value. ie, where an actual exit strategy is involved.
I agree 100%. They're both useful in different situations, and mainly a personal prefrence, because I know guys who have names that arnt assicoiated with their name, and only have them and maybe one guy. Then I know people who use their lastnames and have 6 crews, then I know people who dont even have a business name (dont pay taxes, totally illegal) and have 3 crews. So again, IMO its all a matter of personal prefrence. But yes, if you a one man band, then usually it'd be best to stick with a name that is assicoiated with your own personal name, whereas if you want several crews and future expansion, then a name like "Picture Perfect Landscaping" is good.