Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-19-2005, 01:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by packerbacker
LMAO, i noticed you didnt cut and paste the part of the post about you lying and making things up. Right there proved everything i have said about you is 100% right.

Then you admit to being a 40 sum year old guy who sits around on a Sat morning enjoying annoying people on a message board.

Wow, your quite a guy. I have a family and a life to spend the weekend with. See ya,
So now I'm a liar, eh? If it makes you feel better to think so, be my guest. As far as me being someone who enjoys annoying others and you having better things to do, I might point out that you keep posting, too.

Ham and eggs. A day's work for a chicken; a lifetime commitment for a pig.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Tony, I've been wondering when you'd chime in.
One thing about me is that I know when to choose my battles...

Quote:
Actually, what my flyers will say is "Okay, meatballs, you need to call me right now, sign up for the most incredibly overpriced service imaginable, and thank me even if I screw up royally."
see... now that's a call to action. why waste time dancing with the customer when you can go straight for the close?

also, Sir Mark "Call To Action" McC Of D.C. is much more pithy if you pronounce the McC of D.C. as McSee of D.C.

gotta go make some more coffee so i can read how this thread turns out...

cheers.

Last edited by tonygreek; 02-19-2005 at 03:01 PM.
Old 02-19-2005, 03:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark McC
So now I'm a liar, eh? If it makes you feel better to think so, be my guest. As far as me being someone who enjoys annoying others and you having better things to do, I might point out that you keep posting, too.

Yes im calling you a liar. You accused me of calling my customers stupid. I never did. Thats called you lieing. Once again something so simple has gone straight over your head. This is almost too easy. Talk about a battle of wits with an unarmed oponent.
Old 02-19-2005, 03:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Tony,

As far as choosing battles is concerned...well, I do enjoy tweaking noses now and then. We losers with no offspring (hence, nothing better to do, one supposes) often find amusement in the most peculiar things.

As for the difference between romancing the prospect and going for the jugular, it's tempting to want people to just fall all over each other to get me to handle their lawns and so on, but that really wouldn't be very interesting, would it? As John Barrymore lamented, it would be a case of "Svengali talking to himself again." That was such a sad lament, don't you think?

Regarding, McSee of D.C., he doesn't rhyme quickly enough to qualify as a master emcee or anything. Actually, I've been listening to this CD full of more or less old recordings of guitar solos. One of them is an old and well-known hand with those into symphonies, Andres Segovia.

The other two are more strictly flamenco types. Paco de Lucia is fairly well known here in the U.S., but the other, a guy known as Sabicas (birth name Augustin Castellon Campos) was news to me when my wife gave me this CD recently.

It's GREAT stuff. Like a lot of other people, I heard of de Lucia first from his work with Al DiMeola and John McLaughlin, and we have his CD titled Cositas Buenas a few months ago. I love it, but this new CD is even more jam-packed with great stuff.

So rather than McSee of D.C., I'd rather be known as a superb flamenco guitarist, but it might help if I actually learned how to hold the darned thing first.

Old 02-19-2005, 04:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by packerbacker
Yes im calling you a liar. You accused me of calling my customers stupid. I never did. Thats called you lieing. Once again something so simple has gone straight over your head. This is almost too easy. Talk about a battle of wits with an unarmed oponent.
Well, Packer, it certainly is good to see you again.

As for your allegation that I accused you of calling your customers stupid, let's recap, shall we?

Quote:
In an earlier part of this thread, Backpacker, you commented that, and I quote, "LCOs really have to dummy things up for the common customer so they can understand it." So your customers are stupid?
As you can see, I did not say that you called your customers stupid. I was asking if your customers are stupid. You interpreted that as an allegation by me that you refer to your customers as stupid people.

You are the one who insists that things have to be dumbed down for your customers and that people are lazy. Not me. If you don't like what happens when you look in the mirror, tough. That certainly isn't my problem, is it?

I'm just enjoying watching your blood pressure go through the roof. Have a nice day! :blob4:

Old 02-19-2005, 04:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

its petty sad when u sit here for like five pages arguing about sh**t that has nothing to do with the topic at hand grow up a little
Old 02-19-2005, 04:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Lawn
its petty sad when u sit here for like five pages arguing about sh**t that has nothing to do with the topic at hand grow up a little
I guess you're right. I've let this go on long enough. Sorry, everyone.

Old 02-19-2005, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I don't do paper ads. With paper ads or yellow page ads you will get calls from here to timbuktu.(many of whom are penny pinchers) I have a target area which I will flood with advertisements. If I have 1 account in an area, I will hit that area to try and pick up a few more. This helps to tighten up the route. If I have 1,2 + accounts in an area, I will hit that area as well. The more accounts per stop the better. Its all about planning
Old 02-19-2005, 06:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I guess you're right. I've let this go on long enough. Sorry, everyone.

Maybe its time to move out of your parents basement. And yes, you accused me of calling my customers stupid. You made something up and lied all because i disagreed with something you said in your first post on this thread. I tried to explain to you how I do things on 5 seperate occasions, i didnt call you names, i didnt lie about you, i didnt make things up about you. You did all of the above. If for some reason you think you pissed me off think again. I still find it funny that a guy that is almot 50 years old drives a 20 year old truck with a 36 and he thinks he running a business.

And yes im still waiting for proof that i called anyone stupid. So you just keep dancing around the question thinking you actually made an impact in someones life on a message board. I guess if I was you and this place was all I had id probably be doing the same thing. Pathetic.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert Lawns
I don't do paper ads. With paper ads or yellow page ads you will get calls from here to timbuktu.(many of whom are penny pinchers) I have a target area which I will flood with advertisements. If I have 1 account in an area, I will hit that area to try and pick up a few more. This helps to tighten up the route. If I have 1,2 + accounts in an area, I will hit that area as well. The more accounts per stop the better. Its all about planning
I messed myself up last year with an ad that had me running all over you-know-where. Not a mistake I'll repeat.