Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-18-2005, 02:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Rewarding Loyal Customers

Hi
I have read that some people offer a free cut whne they recomend a person to you - does the person on both sides have to be a regular as in 1 or 2 weekly cuts or do you include your 3 weeklys ? also when driving buisness and looking for extra accounts does a free cut every 10 work ? i was going to send a flyer out offering a free cut with a regular mowing contract - should this be only if they get the lawn cut weekly or 2 weekly ? no for 3 weeklys - cheers
Old 02-18-2005, 03:46 PM
Banned

No offense, but I have no idea what your saying. What is a "2 weekly" and a "3 weekly"????

If you take the time to word your question more clearly, and you'll get a lot more help that way.

Again, no offense, but I tried to read your post like 3 or 4 times and it left me a bit dizzy.
Old 02-18-2005, 03:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Fair point ! i mean that some people have their lawns cut weekly or fortnightly and some only require their lawns cut every three weeks - DO you only give a free cut with every ten cuts to people who have their lawns cut weekly and fortnightly ? hope that makes sence ?
Old 02-18-2005, 04:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwells
Fair point ! i mean that some people have their lawns cut weekly or fortnightly and some only require their lawns cut every three weeks - DO you only give a free cut with every ten cuts to people who have their lawns cut weekly and fortnightly ? hope that makes sence ?
Ok, it must be a NZ thing.

I have no idea what kind of grass or season you have in NZ, so I don't know that I can be all that helpful to you. Is cutting every 2 or 3 weeks normal over there??? It's not the norm over here. For the most part, it's weekly cutting.
How long is your season there?
Old 02-18-2005, 05:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hot weather here can make us go every other week for a short time when bluegrass goes dormant. Be careful giving away free stuff to regular customers, they seem to start to expect it.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I havent heard the word fortnight in a long time!!! I really dont have much advice, other than maybe talk to other LCO's in your area to see what they are doing.
Old 02-19-2005, 06:18 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I am offering something similar this year...as far as free mowings. Instead of offering every 10th mow free.....I am offering 3 free mowings. It sounds like a better deal, even though it comes out the same....since our growing season is approx 30 weeks. There are restrictions to this offer. They have to have weekly, uninterupted service and they have to use us for the entire season. When all those restrictions are met, they will get the last 3 mowings of the season at no charge.

www.progressivelawn.com
www.wichitalawnmowing.com
www.partybuswichitaks.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
- Aristotle

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
- Leonardo da Vinci
Old 02-19-2005, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker-talker
I am offering something similar this year...as far as free mowings. Instead of offering every 10th mow free.....I am offering 3 free mowings. It sounds like a better deal, even though it comes out the same....since our growing season is approx 30 weeks. There are restrictions to this offer. They have to have weekly, uninterupted service and they have to use us for the entire season. When all those restrictions are met, they will get the last 3 mowings of the season at no charge.

Why are you guys are offering free mowings in the first place? Im a loyal customer to Great Clips, Pizza Hut, Quik Trip, Kohls and numerous other stores and they dont reward me. Why should we give anything away for free?
Old 02-19-2005, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm going to have to agree here even though I'm only on the fert end now. I reward loyal customers with discounts only if they bring me new customers. My prices are fair and I leave it up to them whether they want to lower them further by referring friends and neighbors.