Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-19-2005, 01:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I spy landscape lowballers

In all my years, NEVER have I ever seen as much freshly installed mulch at this point in the new year. This and the fact many of these places haven't paid for such in years, or since the the place was built makes it a dead giveaway.

I know dang well this is some desperate lowballers trying their best to survive the winter with their backs against it.

I've offered these off-season landscaping services at a reasonably discounted rate to increase off-season earnings and decrease growing-season overload. But I did so without sucess.

So it seems it takes a really dirt cheap price to motivate customers in the winter months and those that really don't pay to keep the landscapes in top shape. I have no beef with this because I have little desire to work out in the cold and no desire to do so for very little....

The way I see it, the bad part is this may well mean survivial for lowballers that live to lowball everything another entire season along with all the others that will start up in the coming months.

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"